Sonic Electronix

Tuned in.

is that an ultra wide computer monitor?  What speaker is that for your computer?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Maybe a pair of 15s on a free air baffle behind the seat? And a half wall behind them to keep the tools out.

wow never messed around with free air baffle. i remember reading on fi's page about a sub that was good in that set up. besides that, never considered it. can you get low? lol

9 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Just wall the back seat then you can still use your trunk lol... 

If it wasn't for parking in shady construction sites I would have done that. Now everything goes in the back seat. I just figured how to downsize my tools to a 24" husky bag and use it instead.

ya what i really need to do is organize my tools a little better. maybe couple totes?

8 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

That's actually not a bad idea. I used to have 2 15s IB then 1 18 IB. With both of them i could still fit a 36x18x18 job box in the trunk.

Though both were on a jbl600.1 neither were super loud, sounded amazing and played down to 10hz effortlessly.

fuck idk why i didnt just keep reading before replying to @ShadeTreeMechanic lol sorry guys. those are the subs i read about years back!

edit: how good was it on music? after thinking about it thats a little too low haha

5 hours ago, Karkov said:

Tuned in.

is that an ultra wide computer monitor?  What speaker is that for your computer?

yes and yessir lol ultrawide lg 60hz monitor and a pair of klipsch r-15ms on an oldschool technics receiver and a velodyne ct 8" in my computer room :) 

10 hours ago, fmedina said:

fuck idk why i didnt just keep reading before replying to @ShadeTreeMechanic lol sorry guys. those are the subs i read about years back!

edit: how good was it on music? after thinking about it thats a little too low haha

Both were great on music. Super clean and very dynamic. If I were to do it again I would want 2 18s IB on like a 1500-2k. 

First set up was 2 jbl gto 15s, then the stereo integrity HT18. Both had plenty of output for most people, but we all like to over do it here so need more haha. I was gonna buy another HT18 and run both but caught a good deal on this DD so big ported box called my name lol

Here's pics of those

EAEztYC.jpg

F8uSpQu.jpg

Bn7DTSS.jpg

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

22 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Both were great on music. Super clean and very dynamic. If I were to do it again I would want 2 18s IB on like a 1500-2k. 

First set up was 2 jbl gto 15s, then the stereo integrity HT18. Both had plenty of output for most people, but we all like to over do it here so need more haha. I was gonna buy another HT18 and run both but caught a good deal on this DD so big ported box called my name lol

Here's pics of those

EAEztYC.jpg

F8uSpQu.jpg

Bn7DTSS.jpg

Fuckn sweet man! I was looking into it a little more last night. Watched some videos and stuff. Idk if an infinite baffle would be ideal for me because my trunk will almost never be empty. As far as I understand for it to work/sound properly I would need a big open area behind the sub(s). And ya I would want more too! Lol thanks for the pics brotha!

22 minutes ago, fmedina said:

Fuckn sweet man! I was looking into it a little more last night. Watched some videos and stuff. Idk if an infinite baffle would be ideal for me because my trunk will almost never be empty. As far as I understand for it to work/sound properly I would need a big open area behind the sub(s). And ya I would want more too! Lol thanks for the pics brotha!

Eh... yes and no. Like I said I had a 38x18x18 job box with me at all times and it didn't sound any different with or without the box back there. 

Looks like if you got some tool bags or totes you would have plenty of room back there still

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

2 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Eh... yes and no. Like I said I had a 38x18x18 job box with me at all times and it didn't sound any different with or without the box back there. 

Looks like if you got some tool bags or totes you would have plenty of room back there still

Right on. Ya like I said I really need to organize my tools better. I was going back and forth about taking up trunk space or just take up the back seats like I mentioned. But if I were to go with the trunk I wanted to try a 4th order with port going through the center seat's access hole. I'm trying to avoid having the back seat down because I have kids which means I would like to have at least one car seat in there with out having to take it in and out.  So many options! Idk idk idk haha but thanks guys keep them coming. Gets my brain thinking!

Archived