Trusting Ebay?

Chris Davis

So I have a new ride its a couple years old Duramax Gmc extended cab, now it has a crappy bose system which is weird as my Audi of the same year has a great bose system and wouldn't touch it only for adding a sub. So in my cheapness to save money for subs and spending on second skin I am taking to Ebay. I am looking at Focal PS165F3, Last time bought some K series Focals and was bite a little yes they were new but apparently the kind that "fall of the back of a truck" as they had there serial numbers ground off with what appeared to be a belt sander. So my question is would you trust a seller from Germany at the price of about $450 a set?

Thanks for your time reading my rambelings,

Chris

Check their feedback. I've been buying and selling HU's on Ebay for years.  I sold a Pioneer and an Alpine and bought an Eclipse and Kenwood and saved quite a bit vs. tag.  Everything went smooth.  I also ordered some CDT speakers off Ebay and they worked fine.  Feel free to ask the seller a lot of questions if you are unsure about something.

My buying experience with ebay has always been good. I bought 40 items in past year and only one problem. it was my own fault, not properly researching item description and questioning the seller like soundfreezer says. In one of my good experience I was looking for a small tire I messaged seller to ask the date of manufacture and he told me back and I immediately bought the item.

It's also true what rocking that eclipse says ebay/paypal is there for the buyers. Ebay also puts out some of their own articles about buying smart but I didn't find the links easily. 

Is it riskier than buying from in-person shop? Yes, but it saves you from overpaying. A worthy compromise.

The buyer protection is really good. Ups stole my berringer inuke dj amp. They showed it was delivered but my security camera never showed it was delivered. It took about 2 weeks for eBay to investigate but I did get a full refund. Pay pal has a buyer protection plan too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived