Sonic Electronix

you need to start using complete sentences and details, because I don't understand how you got from wanting a diagram to install a new radio, to shorting out a wire on the radio chassis and nothing working, to having the new radio installed and working fine but the OEM you're replacing doesn't work. Let's start over with what you want done, what have already done, and what issue you're having, because I can't piece your puzzle together with pieces missing.

All i can say it wow! You own a high end car but choose not to spend $100 on a PAC to make this process smooth, get short with people trying to help and doesn't give a accurate account of what you have done.

Good luck.

Ok let me start over yes I fucked up and should’ve unplugged my ground on battery  lesson learned but I had the black wire that goes in the OEM harness inside the harness and the positive of that wire was outside the harness and touched the stereo frame it was out because I cut it and now the radio doesn’t work when it touched the frame my best guess is a fuse blown could be wrong but hopefully I explained a little bit better and the aftermarket radio I’m trying to retain my DIC but like I said that won’t work but the aftermarket radio is turning on from the wires of the cigarette lighter

Are you an installer or the owner of the car?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Well that’s the problem I put those 2 wires back in the correct spot in the OEM harness and it’s creating a short so this might not make sense but bear with me this is after the spark happened I checked the radio fuse obviously blown no problem replaced the fuse put the harness in the radio and nothing turns on also key gets stuck in ignition so I pull the radio/Onstar fuse out and keys come out everything works so then I disconnected the harness going to the radio put the fuse back in everything is fine and that’s what I’m confused about I just ordered a multi meter should come in Thursday I’m going to put it on the black and red cable if there’s power that means the radio is fucked if there isn’t power then there should be a blown fuse does anyone have any idea which fuse it could be ? Not sure what that’s connected to

Archived