Sonic Electronix

Most unconventional, risky or innovative thing youve done in car audio?

(2) 8s per door in a Chevy Sonic with not a single bit of fiberglass.  Birch pods bolted rigid to the door, internal door shell sealed off completely.

Considering how commonplace fiberglass fabrication is, and the amount of work it took to get the mounting face to form-fit the door skin, and how tight the fit is in the car, I guess its a bit innovative.

35931076744_b252fd9df9_k.jpgIMG_1262 by Walled Sonic, on Flickr

36718385876_46354d0ed9_k.jpgIMG_1036 by Walled Sonic, on Flickr

36315103446_c7c89d8fb9_k.jpgIMG_1268 by Walled Sonic, on Flickr

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Ripped apart the battery pack from a nissan leaf and built it into my own lithium bank

Used crimps before they were cool

Used super caps before they were cool

Did some super sketchy wiring to be able to run a 5k DJ amp in my room. Literally had extension cords running around labeled DO NOT UNPLUG

Tested the HV DD-1 before it was actually an official product. Pretty much worked with prototype stuff. Neat to think I have what is probably one of the first units. Thanks Juan for putting up with my shit ❤️

Using 8ga power wire for speaker cable inside & outside the box before anyone else did around here and they all thought I was nuts, and look now alot of ppl are now doing it!

Even got told I was stupid for doing such a thing a few times!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

19 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

Using 8ga power wire for speaker cable inside & outside the box before anyone else did around here and they all thought I was nuts, and look now alot of ppl are now doing it!

Even got told I was stupid for doing such a thing a few times!

Why would anybody call you stupid for that?  I put 8 ga on my subs because it is stiffer wire and stays where I want it better.  It also looks better, fits the terminals better and requires more force to pull out.  My 600w RMS subs surely don't need that heavy of a wire but the 8ga surely is not going to be bad for it either.

There is a common thought in this industry..."What I have is best..because it is what I have...".  The reality...if there was such thing as the best everybody would have the same gear.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

It is not just the car audio world where the thought 'what i have is best' is common.  There is no 'best'...  Here is an example of pure bullshit found in the firearms world...

Clearly, .38 Special isn't the best because almost nobody uses it any more.  There are reasons why people don't use it any more.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived