Second Skin Audio

ENCLOSURE & AMPLIFIER placement help, ideas.

So originally I had the box designed to sit where The single seat in my Denali was. To balance out the weight of where.i sit and the enclosure. It's tight as fuck which is whatever. It fits. Ports designed.to face the roof  of the truck. I Iwanted.to keep.my double seat available since it is a daily driver. 

However I put the box on its side and kinda dry fit it with amp just to see how it would look at feel. The only downside to that. Truck has all.weight on drivers side my.vent faces the middle front of cab or the back corner.wall..

I need some advice. What would you guys do if you were in my situation

IMG_20180526_135740.jpg
IMG_20180526_135713.jpg
IMG_20180526_135650.jpg
IMG_20180526_131221.jpg
IMG_20180526_131213.jpg

Well 1st off I would not mount that amp to the box unless you use some kinda vibration absorbing stuff, and if you really wanna knock the 2 bottom pics would be nice spot.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

eliminate the back seats all together and rebuild that box the way you really want. you're creating to many reasons why not. 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Box on passenger side but atop a 6” tall platform, with amp mounted underneath. Just a thought. 

Or you can just wall it. 

$0.02

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

2 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Box on passenger side but atop a 6” tall platform, with amp mounted underneath. Just a thought. 

Or you can just wall it. 

$0.02

Random thought. Ever heard or seen of a truck with a half wall? Lol like instead of the box like OP has, just wall off one half side. That'd be cool to see, good or bad lol.

Would of liked to wall it but need one seat for my little guys Car seat. Think I'm gonna go with the original.plan. keep the weight of the truck even. Port facing upwards. Like the idea of the box on a raised platform with amp underneath..I seen alot of guys mounting amps to boxes but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to. 

.thanks for the suggestions. 

Think I got this now. Still waiting on this herculiner to show up so I can finish the box and drop everything in.  You guys ever mount amps.to.the back wall.of a.truck cab?

15 hours ago, fasfocus00 said:

eliminate the back seats all together and rebuild that box the way you really want. you're creating to many reasons why not. 

I agree with you If it we're that simple. I've had the sub and the amp.sitting for almost 2 years and the box designs for a year. My first sub (JL 1200 amp.and jl13w7 was stolen a few years ago. Bought the fisp4 and the crescndeo with my.insuranvece money. Been without a sub for a couple years now.  Wanna enjoy this shit for a bit then if i. Don't like it I'll have to try something else. 

Archived