Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So was wondering if it cause both my subs are blown or something else. Batteries a year old  and alt a year old too. 1500 end amp 2 12 as audio subs. Was playing good until I blew sub. They still work. Just surround was duct taped  cause rubber old abs ripped. I pushed both sub middle and make scratch noise. The subs play, but sometimes cut in and out not all the time. When the low hit it would drop to 11.8- 11. 2 lowest now drops to 10.8 10.2. Is that from the subs being blown and the tinsel leads hitting something. I can't pull the sub yet cause it a pain in the ass. I have 2 same size group 31 under the hood.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Posted

Could be both the tinsel leads or the sub being blown causing it, until ya pull the subs it is not smart to continue to use them otherwise u could suffer far worse then just subs being blown as in amp damage as well.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Posted
17 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

You push on the cone, and hear a rubbing shit sound? You have bubbled the coil and or bent the former. This could cause the coil to direct short at a given freq. Put a dmm on the coil and move the driver. You'll probably see/find continuity on your meter doing so

where I put the probes on the coil? wehere I check

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Posted

I dont mean this offensively, but you've been on this forum for 7-8 years and you've never checked DC resistance of a sub?  

There's some pluses and minuses on that thing, you know.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Idk had my friend that made the box install the subs. I wasnt too sure where to check with the meter exactly. I never had blown or broken subs. I thought maybe you check somewhere else like directly on the coil.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...