Sundown Audio

Internal cooling missing on a lot of bigger high end amps?

DiBo

2 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

I have been into Car Audio since early 90's and have spoken to many companies and I did not say anything that was not true!

More baseless comments.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve owned the TS 2.8k and currently the Wolfram 4500, both are beefy, both had/have fans

I agree, reason why some have them is cause of better efficiency and costs.  

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

1 minute ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

One should still allow for proper ventilation for your amplifiers, regardless if they have fans built in or not.

This ^^.  I keep my amp on 1/2” rubber spacers to keep that cross flow breeze shooting across the backside ?

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

An internally cooled amp with a fan will have fins inside to help disperse the heat out.

A fan that is added to a design without cooling fins inside while using a fan is doing so to cool a poorly designed amp.

If you look at the older PPI power series amps before being sold off, they had internal fins inside for the air to move over and help cool the amp.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

2 minutes ago, Skullz said:

An internally cooled amp with a fan will have fins inside to help disperse the heat out.

A fan that is added to a design without cooling fins inside while using a fan is doing so to cool a poorly designed amp.

If you look at the older PPI power series amps before being sold off, they had internal fins inside for the air to move over and help cool the amp.

...but, but, but the resistors don't make contact with the heatsink!  :P

Lots of flexing in the forum!  :D  ❤️

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

26 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

...but, but, but the resistors don't make contact with the heatsink!  :P

Lots of flexing in the forum!  :D  2764.png

Not sure why some people reply to requests for information with a 'guess' as a response...

Sounds like someone trying to flex when they dont have anything to flex.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

There are many ways to skin a cat, amigo!  My cats still have all their skins so an assumption could be made that I don't know how to skin them...yet I have a razor sharp knife on my person at all times.

If there were only one way to skin a cat, every amp would be the same...and likely they would all be the best amps ever made...like this one...225HO.jpg

Why is this the best amplifier ever made?  They are the best because I made them, of course!  :D  ❤️

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived