Single din active capable headunits what our my options?

21 minutes ago, reedal said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but I am under the impression that Panasonic is a brand (that does sell EQs), but I’ve never heard of Panasonic Equalization. Shelving, Graphic, Semi-Parametric, and Parametric are the terms I am familiar with. Could you please explain or link me to Panasonic Equalization?

I am referring to the equalizer in the high end Panasonic head units, of which I own 4 of.  The CQ-C9701N, 9701U, 9801U, and 9901N. 

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

We went with a cheaper HU and dsp. Been happier. HU does what it does all day, and the dsp does what we want. I struggled with the prs fucking up a ton for years also. Went a different route. It's probably 6s either way. But happy to have everything working, reliably as balls now. 

4 hours ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

I am referring to the equalizer in the high end Panasonic head units, of which I own 4 of.  The CQ-C9701N, 9701U, 9801U, and 9901N. 

I was indeed misunderstanding you. Thank you for clearing that up for me. 

For the price you pay the 80prs should be more resiliant. I used to love pioneer units. Fried pico fuses in several of them back wen i was young and dumb. Bought a kenwood unit because of the price and havent used pioneer since. Id recommend what others have. Get a diff unit and a dsp. For the price of the 80prs you shouldnt have to zip tie it. Poorly designed imo.

What's a good budget friendly dsp?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

minidsp.com

Triticum says he runs one in this thread, and he loves it: 

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Kylar what hu proccesor combo u go with?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

46 minutes ago, Rich Schenk said:

Kylar what hu proccesor combo u go with?

Cheap, lower tier alpine unit, that runs fast (going through 100 gig of music, can take time) relaible, does everything we want, nothing we dont. I wanna say it's like, the 847 unit? Cant recall. But, nothing special, just a fast, clean signal giver.  Then, to a audison bit dsp. Which,  with out, we would NOT had wont a world title/ring. Zero chance getting a perfect rta score with out it. This set up, has been the most relaible we have ran to date. The audison may be a bit much for your needs, [I did just buy another one, off Tony Damore, same exact one he ran in his rig] the mini dsp others speak of, is a fine unit, simple to use, straight forward OS, and found for much cheaper than a mosconi, or  audison unit. But, we have absolutely been thrilled with our bit. Like I said, was a HUGE part, in getting us a title. The save and load feature works like a dream, adjustments are simple, the OS hooks up like a charm, something my rf 360.3 was a complete turd at. Hated that unit. 

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

from what i can ell the Ep2 was the last reliable DSP that fosgate made.

Bruh,  I ran the 360.1 and 360.2. Yes, they are ancient compared to shit out there meow, but I actually dug the .2, and ran it for a long while, and when talk rose up on the .3, I was ecstatic. In fairness, I was a VERY early adopter of it. One of the first to buy, install and run. But, I hated it. For several fucking reasons. 

There is a SONY hu out, with no CD slot, that I've been looking at/into... that looks wicked nice. In fact I think Steve installed one, maybe in his tahoe? Or maybe Anthony's rig, I can not recall, but, if I deck shopping, that is the one, I'd be looking into. I think it's pretty damn costly, but, looks dope. 

Archived