Sonic Electronix

2 batteries in parallel or one big battery under the hood?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. People run up to 2k or more all the time on stock electrical. If your looking for a cheaper solution you could check out kinetik. Agm batts are expensive regardless tho. The extra reserve is better for your cars electrical as well as your amps. You really wanna stay at least in low 12s to avoid any low voltage issues. Doin big three and extra small reserve batt should be all youll need on 1k.

So i researched a little to see if i was full of shit. turns out most articles so you can but here is the affects and down sided. Resting voltage is one. charging rate and type of charge is another.

I don't chase numbers but i like to do shit right.  But everyone can build there systems how they see fit. 

IMG_0533_zpsdzjtep9i.jpg

Kenetic HC 600 up front.

IMG_0532_zps68xyg8k2.jpg

Front Started Battery.

IMG_0557_zpsc2xnmikv.jpg

Lancer rear Battery's.

IMG_2638_zpsfwpyezy3.jpg

This is what i put in my daughters 94 Suzuki SideKick. More than enough power to start her 4 banger and run a 700 watt system.

IMG_2750_zpsx2rjze6l.jpg

IMG_2296_zpsz7nftd2h.jpg

Wife's Malibu which is mine now.

IMG_2297_zpsbc9ltxm8.jpg

Pretty stealth, some wire loom would have hidden the RF OFC 4 gauge wire.

For the set up your running, and wired at 1ohm,  I'd do the big 3, proper size wire ro reach the amp, and be done. I'm willing to bet,  (unless you turn the gain full retard, or play it for several several songs at idle) you'll be fine. Just me.  If you see anything remotely scary voltage wise, upgrade the front bat. But I bet you wont. Put the money else where. 

Upgrade your wiring as directed by others, try it without spending money on the battery for now, and see what happens. As for wiring recommendations, I always recommend Sky High Car Audio as the price is hard to beat for the wire quality you receive.

If you're not willing to do it the tried and true way to ensure you do not have issues, then you must do some trial and error on your own.

We have no way of assessing your current car's electrical system as there are too many variables to take into affect (age, wear and tear from environment and use, etc.). You can always take your car to Autozone and have them test your current battery and alternator (free service they provide) to make sure that they are functioning properly.

Your headlights will dim over just about any power fluctuation if you do not address the headlights themselves. Most stock headlight harnesses are not sufficiently grounded, and a lot the time, they are not sufficiently powered either. You can clean up the ground to each headlight harness, and run a relay from the battery to the headlights with a 12-10 gauge wire to ensure they are receiving proper power. What I have done in the past to get around this was replacing the stock headlights with HID's, which will not flicker from voltage drop as easily as halogen lights (as long as they are wired correctly.)

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived