Sonic Electronix

Hello guys, i'm new to the forum but I've been watching Steve Meade for a while. Still a rookie and still learning. Anyways, I have a maybe problem, idk? I have an 80 amp stock alternator, o gauge ofc, (3) 12 inch subs 800rms, 10 gauge ofc speaker wire. I'm holding off on ordering the amp and battery because i don't know if my electrical is adequate. I'm only ordering true power which would be Rockford Fosgate T1500-BDCP or Crescendo bc2000.1D. I've heard if I have a good battery like Xs power D3400 under the hood than I could get away with not having a high output alternator. College part time student. I need to crush the campus with bass and hear it on the way to school in the morning please help. 

What OHM load u gonna run with 3 subs I’m guessing 1.3ohms, Rockford amp which is awesome likes a steady 100 amps and can max out at 200amps. If running 1.3ohms I’d just start with a good battery up front and maybe 2 in the rear but that doesn’t include mids . Just watch your voltage and anything in the 11’s is killing your amp.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Volt meter a must there 5bucks on Amazon.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

careful when "crushing campus", someone is always watching and they will pay attention and make your shit theirs for free real fast.  ask me how i learned that lesson 15+ years ago...

you need to figure out a budget other than broke college kid.  that will help determine which route to go (batteries vs alt).  I would say alt personally.  

I think that only applies to big battery banks being charged with stock alts. If your running the alt hard trying to recharge batteries and alot of them there's alot of long term stress going on. Longer you pull more amps than alternator can replace more strain occurs over time. Bigger power draw like 2k on 80 amp alt at full volume doing a sign wave means big strain to maintain voltage. By the way I'm all about budget. I have 2 audiopipe 2ks I bought new for about 170 a peice, you can still pick them up for 180 online. Cresendo isn't worth the money unless you go sub 1 ohm real shit, I had one so I know you'll be just as happy with that audiopipe.                         Certified - dynamic

Audiopipe 2k does like 1900-2200 170$

Cresendo 2k does like 2200- 2700 450$

Rockford t1500 does 1800-3200 350$

Prices I paid. Obviously the Rockford is more but that's what I paid for mine that I found used on OfferUp. The cresendo might be 50-100 more because I got mine on a black Friday sale. For 340 I got 2 2k audiopipes on 2 psi platform 1 10s in 3.5 cubic ft box. I have stock alt in my 2017 Mazda 3 and no secondary battery, or upgraded primary, and no big 3 which I very much am thinking of doing soon. 

Archived