Sound Deadener

Second skin is the way to go, man.

And a double layer is really just a waste of deadener.

Wont be much more effective than a single layer so you're just wasting money for little to no gain in performance.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Exactly, unless you are pushing 160's + in SPL you don't need multiple layers of a REAL butyl sound deadener like Damplifier Pro.

With Damplifier Pro B Stock you can save money, use one layer, and still get the best bang for your buck. Also, here's an extra 10% off  SAVE10SS  on orders over $85 

If you really want to save money, do it right the first time, to avoid costly mistakes and extra hours of removal. 

Here's some wise words about our products compared to multiple layers of other deadeners from a man who has touched almost every real brand out there. #SecondSkinForTheWin #TeamSecondSkin #SMDFTW #WCC 

29792305_2120561307954851_62283185977693

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Also, on that thicker request, thickness is a good warning sign that something may be BS. Lots of companies go huge at like 120-200 mil (mil is another warning sign, thick products aren't measured in mils, foil and paper are measured in mils). There is a formula where thickness gets to be waste, after so much thickness of foil it is a waste and even a certain level of butyl thickness becomes wasteful. If you are looking to add mass to a project to block air borne sound, Mass Loaded Vinyl MLV is the tool you want, not a butyl CLD.  

Not all sound deadeners are the same. More expensive products are produced in sheets instead of rolls and utilize 100% butyl rubber that is backed by a high quality annealed aluminum foil. Some lesser quality products are also made to look and feel just like these sheets. If you were to compare the lower quality sound deadeners with the high quality products you would see a huge performance difference. Using a smaller amount of a high quality material will produce better results for less money and weight. The higher quality rubber and foil are the primary reason that the cost is higher for these products. Second Skin products are specifically designed for sound insulation. Roofing products are frequently sold as sound insulation. However they are typically made overseas from inexpensive alternatives to butyl rubber such as asphalt, tar, or bitumen with very thin foil or Mylar. Although less expensive, they are much lower quality, will not perform well, and may out-gas harmful vapors and/or melt and fall off.

Second Skin's vibration mats Damplifier & Damplifier Pro, are designed specifically for sound insulation and engineered for intense temperature extremes in automobiles. Second Skin's made in the USA butyl rubber is formulated to have a specific gravity, viscosity and adhesion strength. This allows it to excel at reducing the most common automotive frequencies associated with road, engine, and exhaust noises. At 6.5 mil thickness, the annealed black aluminum constraint layer on Damplifier and Damplifer Pro is one of the thickest in the industry.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Ive used Second Skin Damplifier pro and Crescendo Murdermat. I liked both very much. Second skin has a lot of products for lots of different things though which is good..

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

4 hours ago, decemberbass21 said:

Thank you, everyone also has been recommending secondskin on car audio pages on Facebook and I did my research. Just wanted to finalize everything because I get paid tomorrow at midnight. So I got you guys on a payment. Thanks

Theres a reason everyone recommends them, their product is top of the line,

And their customer service is second to none.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Theres a reason everyone recommends them, their product is top of the line,

And their customer service is second to none.

Wow, thanks for the kind words. We try our best. 

468x60.png

I can attest to the quality of second skin. I've handled both dynamat and the equivalent in second skins and both are great but I personally think SS is easier to apply/mold to various shapes inside a car. (Side note - the SS stuff looks better imo and between that 10% off and the Christmas sale I'm betting is coming up you can do your whole car for a small investment with huge payoff!) 

I personally can’t speak on SS as I’ve never owned their product.  I currently own and use Ampere Audio Vibraflex 160mil. It is thick, pliable, and solidified the flex behind my moonroof.  A heat gun is definitely recommended to adhere the deadener to the different contours and curves a roof has.

I had originally ordered the 120mil, but they were out of stock, so Corey at DroppinHz upgraded my order for free to the 160mil.  Definitely a great alternative sound deadener that gets the job done.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived