Sonic Electronix

New Build Need Extensive Help

Ok here is the low down. I personally don't have the time to build the audio in any of my vehicles. I had one of them done by a local shop (wont name them) but I was very displeased and out the money so I have looked else where. I spoke with a very quality build guy around here, but he is just to busy for a long period of time to be of help to me and I respect that most people excellent at what they do are very busy. So I will start with what I received:

I have a Mercedes couple CLK350. I had the trunk built fairly simple 2 12s sealed box amp and panels. My bill came to like $1500 seems decent for the 8hr job, but here is where the problem lie. I provided all the parts such as wires, subs, amp etc however when I picked the car up I had a box full of items still unwrapped which means they were not used. My door panels are destroyed the shop wont cover that cost nor did they even call me to ask if I would be ok with what they did. They hacked my door panels to install tweeters. I had several problems after the install: I blew both 12s went back and asked for any type of help and was told "Well you couldn't expect much you bought shit equipment. Ok personal perspective on their part. I had 2 Skar ZVX 12s, taramps HD8k, power master D3400. When I asked if they set the gains etc they informed me they used the ear o meter...I provided smd tools DD1 and CC1 so I guess those didn't get used. Then I had a problem with my front stage it kept putting the amp into protect at the time it was the taramps 800.4 I believe they again said the equipment was junk so I bought a fosgate 400.4 and it did the same thing. Took in to another shop and they found the problem being the drivers side mid had shorted out. Well after further investigation we found that when they put the door panel back on they crushed one side of the mid surround which over time of play resulted in the cone and surround to be destroyed and shorted the coil causing the amp to go into protect. So I bought new mids and highs. Well then I looked deeper and found 1 of the tweeters grill was smashed doesn't affect performance, but it just proves care wasn't taken with installation. Then I noticed the 4 channel amp was just laid in the back behind the box i guess out of sight out of mind so fuck mounting it. lastly I am still trying to figure out the wiring mess there is no real rhyme or reason 1 run goes from battery to fuse to amp and another run goes from battery no fuse to amp essentially its just a nightmare. All that being said its a huge cluster fuck and I am by far unhappy and they will not pay for a damn thing, ok fine lesson learned doesn't get me where I want to be audio wise so I moved on.

I had my explorer built by another shop in the town and had semi same results. Just piss poor craftsman ship and a loss of equipment. I wont go on and explain that mishap but I lost my Limitless 45ah in the process and they wont cover any cost and that vehicle was totaled out due to fire and has been replaced with a Mercedes SUV. No fault on sky high, but they informed me that I was just SOL on the battery given the circumstances they could do nothing to help my situation.

Now I have 3 vehicles 2 a clean canvas that I would like to be done with actual care. I am not asking for anything extreme just pretty basic stuff.

2004 F150 extended cab need wires ran, box built, installation and tuning. I can provide a full list of items if need, but basic run down is I have sky high wire, Skar ZVX 18s, can use Taramp 8k or get another amp, power master D3400.

2013 Mercedes GLK350 SUV same as the F150. Want to keep the stock HU have majority of equipment. Skar VXF 15, can use taramp 8k but will probably buy a taramp 3k-5k. probably go lithium for sake of weight. stock speakers etc are good

lastly I would like my car redone, but I don't know how much money or effort I want to put into that as of now. I could probably be happy if it was tuned and wires done right.

Located in Missouri would be willing to travel and drop the vehicle off or have it sent depending on cost. If anyone can under go these projects or know of someone that might I am open ears. Please feel free to PM me and we can discuss details that route or exchange personal info and go from there.

Well first I’d contAct your insurance company with what the other shop said and found and file a claim against the other shop for damages.. second why not have the shop that found the problem do it? Or you don’t trust them either ? What’s the rateings on those subs and that taraamp 

I did contact my insurance company and gave all information which is what got me here. I filed 2 claims and none had substantial evidence to prove that they were at fault....I dont really trust either shop to be honest had bad experiences with both. I can post pics if people care to see the work? Zvx 12s are rated at 1500rms taramp is rated at 8000@1ohm max power. I was told by the shop what the volume and everything was to keep it safe. I never went over said volume. After the Subs blew I replaced them with EVL 12s. I found on the head unit  settings bass boost was maxed out and gain on the amp was maxed out basically all settings were maxed out which to me created clipping and caused the zvxs their demise. I used the provided dd1 and cc1 I gave the shop in the first place and did my gains that way and it seemed fine, havent had a problem in over a year now. I just want my vehicles built right and am in search of some quality help

I think U need to chaulk this one up to a learning experience, maybe more research and questions in the future for the next shop U deal with . I personally don’t let anyone touch my cars , do everything myself and if U don’t know or understand ask and figure it out yourself or just get what U pay for. I know it sucks but people are just stupid and like money. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I did chalk it up as a loss. It doesnt get my vehicles built though and I literally have no time to do a build. If I did I would have done so long ago. I use to build stuff myself in the past, but life has changed and really just dont have the time. I came here because it seemed like the best way to get help for my wants. I have asked in the past about build tips etc and they have been very useful. Just had more time on my hands then. I will give some details I work mon - fri 2 jobs 730am-430pm then 530pm-1130pm the hour between jobs is drive time, changing, 12minutes to relax. The weekends I dedicate to my ailing parents and their needs, both suffering from different forms of cancer. I'm not asking for pity or anything of the sort. I'm just asking for someone to build my vehicles so I can enjoy audio as I have before, plus I dont like seeing all this equipment laying around my house. Lol I must say though the build section has always sparked my want to build again, but I sold off all my tools etc long ago. Things have gotten pretty extreme over the years to say the least. I guess if nobody here can help i will have to branch out and see if their are some shops that can do the work and just run the risk again.

Ok Ok lets try this:

Would anyone be willing to build my F150 front doors for me? I asked a shop an hr 1 way from from me and lets just say I'm not spending 4 digit money on just some doors. I have decided to just suck it up and do this build slowly but surely so I can have peace of mind. Any takers on the doors? I have the equipment. I will add pics tonight or at least try (site hosting suggestions?)

Super weird story in itself. Had 5 fire department guys, 1 investigator, 3 shops, and insurance all check it out and none came up with an actual cause. Final jurisdiction was 'faulty rear seat heater' I honestly didnt know 2010 explorer Eddie bauer had rear seat heat and if it did I had no clue where the fuck the switch to turn them on was! Looked as those the fire started on top of the seat where you would sit. I still have the lithium at my house I will take some pics of that as well so you all can see it. Biggest loss $1200 in car audio for me!!

The front stage I would like my f150 doors built for is follows

Rockford fosgate R400-4D

Rockford fosgate PPS 4-6 6.5 mods

Rockford fosgate PP4-T 1.5 tweeters

Rockford fosgate PP4-X crossovers

I will get some pics together tonight of everything and add that I'm here.

Still need some suggestions on how to post pics? More like where to host them?

Archived