Sonic Electronix

HZ for bass   

9 members have voted

1. 1. what hzz to you set your low pass to?

• 50hz
    • 63hz
    • 80hz
    • 100hz
    • 120hz

I know some of us have the option of  what hz we run our subs at I have a pioneer avicnex5000  and these are my choices

I personally find 50 leaves too much behind 

63 is my choice

80 and above rattles everything and makes me feel like alot more power is being consumed

yeah its kinda fun but vibrates everything

these are my opinions on 1000watts and 2 10;s

thanks for looking

I run my subs as high as possible, the higher I can set the highpass on my mids the happier they are.  I have my low pass on my subs set just below the point where I can begin to localize the sound from the them.  Pretty sure its right around 80 Hz but I can't remember off the top of my head.  I also use steep slopes on my crossovers.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

sorry   dont have a clue on how to edit the title

I apologize for the grammatical error

well things just keep happening

gggrrrooowwwlll    

my new stepson didn't close the garage 

they just rolled my snap-on box and tools out the  door while he played fortnight

left the subs   and various speakers  but took  his bicycle 

not a happy camper

Sucks. Really a shame, they play fornite lol.

Shitty about your gear also. 

Cut offs,  are variable for a reason. My preference, gear, enclosure,  vehicle,  music taste, sound taste is different than yours. Cut offs,  are build/person specific.  There is no right or wrong. I personally,  dont like 60hz/up having anything to do with my lower end response. That a mid bass to me  but, everyone is different,  and everyone's gear/build is different. 

gonna have to change my name to basic tools  lol EX Toyota mechanic had alot of good tools that they probably have no clue as to  what they are for

Thanks for those who vote

I have been playing with  car audio for fun for a long time and was just curious

I  stepped up my game as far as power  

the frequency seems  to make a big difference in power consumption as well

I only ask because, as you can see loud gets stolen, so its kind of not spoken casually between people unless  you  know them well 

at 54, I get some odd looks when I say leave the planet and boss  audio at the junk store and go to the swap  meet the go and do  your research then go  back and make your deal  

I also tell them  to youtube Steve Meade

Depends on driver and application. For my single 15, I normally go with 70 htz with a 12 dB slope. With the 10s is in the ole White Lightning Chevy, it was 50 htz with a 12 dB slope. This was mainly due to demanding more from my mid bass drivers than I now require from the mid bass drivers in the Avalanche. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived