Second Skin Audio

Can I Do Subs Up Port Up And Still Knock?

Ive been trying to come up with a way to fit a 15 cube enclosure in my non-ext trailblazer to go subs up/ port back. No matter what I try there just wont be enough room between the back of the enclosure and the liftgate........so can I go subs up port up and still knock?

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

if you can fit it sure. but whatever you do dont try and squeeze a 15 in there with too small of an enclosure. just step down to a 12 if you have to

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

15 cubes? how many 18's you trying to do in there? 3 or 4?

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

woops my bad. i read the post wrong :P

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I had a sub-up-port-up setup and it sounded cleaner because there was less over-all rattle in my tail-gate. But, I will not bull shit you into thinking that it is louder than sub-up-port back.

The most important thing is how much room the air has AFTER it leaves the port. That is important. If having your port back is too tight of a fit, then maybe it's best to fire it up like I did.

Make the box smaller to allow for rear fire port. You dont need 15 cubes.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.