Jump to content

My unfortunate B2 experience with the ref 4 channel and 3 way component set


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, meade916 said:

well one person out of hundreds complaining, especially in a forum where that is all people ever do, isn't bad.  I know i can't wait to hook mine up.  After using the 2 ways a few times with EXCELLENT results, the 3 ways should be that much nicer.  :djparty:

We all have opinions. He said pm him and I did. I explained myself.  Will they work for you? 100% they will.  They just dont work for me

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh boy where do i start...I'm so insanely disappointed. I've wanted a b2 setup for so long and now i had the funds. So i spent some serious cash on a B2 Reference 4 channel amp{$1400} and a b2 

I can agree. I do installs for local guys. I've had a few guys bring me the 3 way set.  Install. Run rta, tune and all that.  And it was meh at best.  

He has a 2015 silverado.  Almost the same stuff I have in my 16 silverado. I worked with him over the phone.  

On 9/30/2019 at 10:14 AM, ToNasty said:

We all have opinions. He said pm him and I did. I explained myself.  Will they work for you? 100% they will.  They just dont work for me

i personally would like to see the install pics if you have any.  Is there a link to any? I mean, typically you can get a set of Autozone speakers to sound good if you actually tune and place them correctly.  It's mind boggling they could be that bad without something else factoring  in....maybe a bad crossover.  Bad crossover setting....something.


All SMD products available here! http://www.wccaraudio.com 
Webp.net-gifmaker_7_.gif

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 700,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twiiter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, meade916 said:

i personally would like to see the install pics if you have any.  Is there a link to any? I mean, typically you can get a set of Autozone speakers to sound good if you actually tune and place them correctly.  It's mind boggling they could be that bad without something else factoring  in....maybe a bad crossover.  Bad crossover setting....something.

They were set up with the passive crossover first.  I do not have any pictures.  But he brought me 3d printed pods.  Mid and tweeter on the a pillars.  About 20 degrees off axis.   Midbass was in the door stock location. 

 

When I first did them we used the passive crossover.  Which is what helps kill the set. It's wrong (in my opinion)  it crosses the midrange to high and the tweeter to low.  

 

I then added a mosconi 6to8 aerospace I had laying around. Ditched the passive.  It got better. Much better.  But it still wasnt what I was expecting.  This vehicle was a 2006 silverado.  

 

I then switched them all out with a ppi 3 way set and it all came alive. Didnt even touch the dsp 

 

Again, we all have different ears.  And differant expectations. These didnt meet my expectations

 

My advice to you take it or leave it is to run them active 

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 6:37 PM, ToNasty said:

They were set up with the passive crossover first.  I do not have any pictures.  But he brought me 3d printed pods.  Mid and tweeter on the a pillars.  About 20 degrees off axis.   Midbass was in the door stock location. 

 

When I first did them we used the passive crossover.  Which is what helps kill the set. It's wrong (in my opinion)  it crosses the midrange to high and the tweeter to low.  

 

I then added a mosconi 6to8 aerospace I had laying around. Ditched the passive.  It got better. Much better.  But it still wasnt what I was expecting.  This vehicle was a 2006 silverado.  

 

I then switched them all out with a ppi 3 way set and it all came alive. Didnt even touch the dsp 

 

Again, we all have different ears.  And differant expectations. These didnt meet my expectations

 

My advice to you take it or leave it is to run them active 

that sounds like a really nice system to not have any pics of anywhere.  Those A-pillars have to be super legit to hold those mids/tweets. Does the owner have any pics? 

 

Anyway, What head unit were you using?  Factory?  Kinda crazy you happen to have a Mosconi dsp  just had "laying around" i have never seen one install the entire 10 years or more you been here.  You need to post more! i wanna see man!!  I mean you just ran out and grabbed some PPi 3 ways like nothing and slapped them in the exact same spot.  By the way, i know those door panels very well.  If you had the mid in the stock location, how was it mounted? Like i said, anyone who know's what they are doing should be able to make some Walmart mids/highs sound good.  There has to be an explanation.  Bummer you have no pics of any of it.  

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1


All SMD products available here! http://www.wccaraudio.com 
Webp.net-gifmaker_7_.gif

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 700,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twiiter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meade916 said:

that sounds like a really nice system to not have any pics of anywhere.  Those A-pillars have to be super legit to hold those mids/tweets. Does the owner have any pics? 

 

Anyway, What head unit were you using?  Factory?  Kinda crazy you happen to have a Mosconi dsp  just had "laying around" i have never seen one install the entire 10 years or more you been here.  You need to post more! i wanna see man!!  I mean you just ran out and grabbed some PPi 3 ways like nothing and slapped them in the exact same spot.  By the way, i know those door panels very well.  If you had the mid in the stock location, how was it mounted? Like i said, anyone who know's what they are doing should be able to make some Walmart mids/highs sound good.  There has to be an explanation.  Bummer you have no pics of any of it.  

I'll get pictures when redo it this winter.  I have a ton of shit laying around. Tru technology amps, subs, sinfoni speakers.  You name it I probably have it laying around. If it has to do with "sq"  you've never seen me finish a. Build here because I'd get towards the end of a build and lose interest (SPL)  it's not my thing and I figured that out.     I am working on my white truck right now of you look in the build logs.  Slow moving because it's being built for meca extreme so it's not of testing.   I will be starting my work truck in a few weeks which will go fairly quick because that's being build for meca stock 

 

I'm not really a picture taker for builds I do for other people because it's not my vehicle but I'll take pictures of them from now on. Also they really dont get love here because its not 18s in a 4th order if you understand. But you're right. I'll have some build logs up soon when I redo a few local guys vehicles

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ToNasty said:

I'll get pictures when redo it this winter.  I have a ton of shit laying around. Tru technology amps, subs, sinfoni speakers.  You name it I probably have it laying around. If it has to do with "sq"  you've never seen me finish a. Build here because I'd get towards the end of a build and lose interest (SPL)  it's not my thing and I figured that out.     I am working on my white truck right now of you look in the build logs.  Slow moving because it's being built for meca extreme so it's not of testing.   I will be starting my work truck in a few weeks which will go fairly quick because that's being build for meca stock 

 

I'm not really a picture taker for builds I do for other people because it's not my vehicle but I'll take pictures of them from now on. Also they really dont get love here because its not 18s in a 4th order if you understand. But you're right. I'll have some build logs up soon when I redo a few local guys vehicles

no, i don't understand.  Nobody in the history of this site has ever been shunned or didn't get love because they didn't have 18's in a 4th order. That is horse shit.  If you do a nice job i don't care if it is one 8, you will get love.  Of course a more extreme setup will get a little more attention but a small setup that is really nice will too.  Not sure where you came up with that LOL....

 

anyway, i do want to see some of your installs. Big or small. :)


All SMD products available here! http://www.wccaraudio.com 
Webp.net-gifmaker_7_.gif

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 700,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twiiter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, meade916 said:

no, i don't understand.  Nobody in the history of this site has ever been shunned or didn't get love because they didn't have 18's in a 4th order. That is horse shit.  If you do a nice job i don't care if it is one 8, you will get love.  Of course a more extreme setup will get a little more attention but a small setup that is really nice will too.  Not sure where you came up with that LOL....

 

anyway, i do want to see some of your installs. Big or small. :)

You'll see 1 finishing up soon and a second starting right after that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 14' Silverado with Bose stereo so did you do integration or add a Head Unit some where?  What did you do to have it completely separate?  Thanks.

 

PM if need be, not trying to thread hijack.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Karkov said:

I have a 14' Silverado with Bose stereo so did you do integration or add a Head Unit some where?  What did you do to have it completely separate?  Thanks.

 

PM if need be, not trying to thread hijack.  

Bose you can use the nav m650. I have non Bose. I'm not even using the oem radio.   I dint listen to the radio or xm. So I'm bypassing it.  Only used for phone calls.   I'm using my dsp with a hi res fiio player as a source unit 

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)




×
×
  • Create New...