Sonic Electronix

Sealed 15’s or ported 12’s same brand and series sub?

So currently running two sundown sa15’s sealed at spec per sundown on a sae 3000 tuned with a smd dd1 for subs rms. Sounds good does pretty good lows but at the same time thinking about two 12 inch sa’s ported same amp so same wattage ran at 1ohm . Would I actually gain any overall output going ported? Thinking if ported just getting the dual box down for sound pro pre fab they have now. Car is a Scion tC so not lots of room to work with and not looking to build myself regardless.

Would probably leave the 15’s , don’t think you would notice a difference 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Just MPO, I'd definitely go with two 12"s ported. I've never heard a sealed box that moved as much air and sounded / felt as good as a tuned ported one. I even tried a sealed box again about 2 years ago, and it sucked :( Went right back to tuned and ported. 

Honestly can't see myself ever running my subs sealed again.

9 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Why not one 15 ported that will handle the amp? Or 2 12”s ported that will handle that amp

I have been toying with the idea of the new sa12 it’s now a 1000 watt rms or taking the plunge on the U12 being it’s a 1500 watt sub. Just not sure if I would get a noticeable gain in output and don’t wanna kicker my self in the ass for spending that much for a 1db gain my luck lol.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, Audiohz said:

I have been toying with the idea of the new sa12 it’s now a 1000 watt rms or taking the plunge on the U12 being it’s a 1500 watt sub. Just not sure if I would get a noticeable gain in output and don’t wanna kicker my self in the ass for spending that much for a 1db gain my luck lol.

What are you metering right now?

the new sa v2 15s metered 150db right out the box at 900watts.  Of course it’s ported. Search on sundown unofficial yt channel

Archived