Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need source for wire ga adapter


Recommended Posts

Posted

I need to find an adapter that will let me use 4ga wire in a 0ga hole. Sometimes terminals come with a brass sleeve that you can remove to fit 0ga. I'd like to find out where to buy them from. I don't know exactly what to search for. Everything I have looked for has come up trying to sell me a 0ga to 4ga reducer...I need the opposite.

 

At the least I'd like to know what the thing is called.

 

Thanks!

Posted
19 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

I dont think you can buy those, and the only time I ever seen them is in fuse holders like these https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45096_NVX-XMANL04.html 
I dont know why one would want to use a smaller gauge wire than needed though, especially if something needs larger.

I was assuming he’s running an amp at 4 ohms and already has the 4 gauge ran.. who knows but him

Posted

Sorry for the late reply. I have some battery terminals that I can use on my 0ga wire but the two smaller holes are not large enough to accommodate the 4ga factory wire. I don't really want to cut the factory wire. But if I could have found a bushing/adapter that would allow it to happen, then maybe I would. I think what I'm going to do is send the ones I have purchased from amazon back and look around for a better solution. There is a set from Knuconcepts that I like and will probably get.

 

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/battery-terminals/sp/ultimate-positive-battery-terminal/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...