Sundown Audio

rf fans wanna click here ;)

MichiganBumps

Snagged this today! Brings back some old great memories. used to have one when i was a teen. well me and my brother did haha i dont remember tho, will these burp at .5 or 1ohm? i cant remember what kinda wiring we toyed with literally 20 years ago lol 

and.....

HAS the end caps :o almost looks like orig screws too haha

IMG_20200206_175909173.jpg

IMG_20200206_175923289.jpg

IMG_20200206_175947546.jpg

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

from what i remember arent they able to do it, not daily, but for burps? i know they are super under rated power wise. either way, not for use but cause i used to had one yano.  and was a steal of a deal

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Yeah the problem is that amp is no new. That and sometimes things will do something and not break. That does not mean it is recommended you do it. Again if the amp was fresh of the line, it could probably handle it. Being 20 years old it won’t hold up to strains it used to be able to handle. Of course it is your amp do what you will. I wouldn’t recommend trying 1 ohm or lower on an amp that age especially not knowing the strains it has seen over its life time. If you are perfectly fine and understand that doing so may release the magic smoke that is a different story. Either way you have to decide :) 

No those punch Amos were not highly under rated. The power series of that line is what you're thinking of 

These amps actually we're jokingly refered to as "WLS" or "ILS" models, meaning "when lightning strikes" or "if lightning strikes"

The power series needed to have the D106 protection circuit diode Removed to tolerate anything under 2 ohms, and yes the power series with d106 removed could burp half ohm and literally take .8 ohm daily, just had to keep voltage very Stout.

oh im not even going to be hooking this up. just wanted it really bad. lol thanks for all this info tho, yeah the blue logo were the powers.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Archived