running 15 volt on a daily?

I am in the process of rebuilding my car audio system, I recently installed a H/O alternator from auto tech engineering, its a local shop. now at first the alternator wasn't charging I suspected the voltage regulator and took the alternator back, once there the alternator was tested and they confirmed the voltage regulator was bad, I asked them to replace the regulator with a 15 volt self exciting regulator so that I wouldn't have to deal with the ECM trying to control the regulator(I suspect the ECM ruined the first regulator). Now that I have the alternator installed my voltage is kicking up to 15.6 volts at times and is causing my head unit to shut down, my bass amps are wolfram so they are fine, my highs amp didn't like it either but I will be replacing those soon anyway. Now I am dealing with the choice to have the regulator replaced again, or to replace the head unit with a different one, but I am now wondering if any of the other electronics will be ok at 15 volts, Any advice?

During what times does your voltage kick up?

not gonna throw shade on your alt builder. mechaman offers a potentiometer that can be used to control charging voltage. so go to your alt builder, explain the situation to them and ask for that solution. or, brace yourself, spend $500 on an aftermarket alt from a company that has a proven track record. people like Mike Singer, mechaman, DC alts. Kyle might offer a few more names as well. I know a ferw but i cant recommend them as i dont have experience with their products.

My H.O. ALT would show 15.2volts when running but with system playing word drop not a big deal.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived