Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

how did i miss this post??

that shit looks damn nice man.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted

Got some work started on the front speakers. Poor mans 3-way with a center channel. I will be running the 3-ways with passive JL Audio crossovers.

New Peerless 5.25" center channel compared with the prefab Pioneer 2.25" center speaker that I had in there. Yep it's big, but its a shielded driver, so the magnet is not really that big! I wanted a shielded driver to keep any magnetic interference away from the factory RKE right behind it.

Posted Image

Factory alarm had to be moved to free up some space.

Posted Image

Yep, it'll fit, sure, no problem! :blink:

Posted Image

A quick jigsaw job on some 3/4" poplar, and I made a nice spacer, painted it with Ralph Lauren river rock to match the dashtop. Thats an alarm LED next to it.

Posted Image

I glued the Dayton tweeter into a Hifonics tweeter cup from my old component set, screwed it to the dashtop, wired them up passive, 200 hz and up for the mid, and 4K hz and up for the tweeter, and all done!

Posted Image

Peerless Vifa TG9 3.5" mids only required a little trimming of the factory dash plastic to get them in.

Posted Image

Dayton tweeter flushed into the sail panel.

Posted Image

Kicker ssmb6 6.75 midbass waiting to go into the factory door location.

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

Thats looking real good PT :D but you really shouldve deadened the hell out of that car :lol:

Thanks, it already had 2 layers of elemental designs edead on the floor and 3 layers on each door. The rear hatch door rattled the most before, but I think it will be ok this time around.

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

Damn, thats clean, keep up the good work!

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Posted

Thanks, it already had 2 layers of elemental designs edead on the floor and 3 layers on each door. The rear hatch door rattled the most before, but I think it will be ok this time around.

Posted Image

Cool! :D now get back to work :lol:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

Some more progress this weekend, got the back on, (still needs more screws in it, but its on there with constuction adhesive!) It took me a while to wire the subs as they are all dual voice coils, it all turned out 4 ohms per side of 4 subs, so it'll be perfect for the Crunch amps. Luckily the manual for the subs had wiring diagrams to guide me along, it still drove me crazy! Then I went about stuffing the sucker!...that was actually fun. FEDEX brought the Kinetik battery so I can start getting an idea how to secure it back there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

lookin good man

even 1500 watts, Iam sure thats gonna pound good

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1100 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...