i understand stuffin it like that to trick the subs... but most ppl just put it along the sides of the enclosure but u stuff it full... i'm just wonderin are u worried bout that stuff catchin on fire if it gets into contact wit anything that gets hot from poundin on them????

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

lol.,

it tricks the subs into seeing a larger box if you would say that.

it actually does make a difference. but that shti looks sick PT dude.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Yep, I am a firm believer in stuffing the whole thing! I read somewhere that the ideal is 1-1.5 lbs of polyfill per square ft of airspace, I bought a 10 lb box, and 4 1 lb bags!. Airspace is tight for me in this thing, only ~2.0 ft per sub, which limited me to a 38 hz tune, so any added help from the fill will be a plus.

I have had many fully stuffed boxes in the past with no problems, so hopefullly it works out in this one to.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

looks great! very familiar! Yes, you do have my permission LOL......i hold no copyrights anyway to that but thanks for the courtesy of askin! I like when people try this design and then they report back with good results. Then its even more proof that there is no noticable cancellation and it should hit hard as hell!

The one thing i would watch out for in that build though is that middle chamber. The roof and back wall need to be braced, ESPECIALLY the roof part....if you dont it will flex like crazy. Maybe not with 1500 total though.....but you may want to somehow reinforce it some if you start adding more power.

anyway great job so far, lookin forward to the finished product! :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

looks great! very familiar! Yes, you do have my permission LOL......i hold no copyrights anyway to that but thanks for the courtesy of askin! I like when people try this design and then they report back with good results. Then its even more proof that there is no noticable cancellation and it should hit hard as hell!

The one thing i would watch out for in that build though is that middle chamber. The roof and back wall need to be braced, ESPECIALLY the roof part....if you dont it will flex like crazy. Maybe not with 1500 total though.....but you may want to somehow reinforce it some if you start adding more power.

anyway great job so far, lookin forward to the finished product! :D

Awesome, THANKS Steve! :D ...and I've got some 2x4s and construction adhesive for the top and back ready to go!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Looks good I looked into those subs aswell thought about putting 8 of them in my car sealed up though.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Looks good I looked into those subs aswell thought about putting 8 of them in my car sealed up though.

I had 4 of them in a sealed box a few weeks ago, they are excellent subs for such a cheap price, so I bought 4 more of them! They are NOT an SPL sub, but they pound pretty good!

Hifonics is a really underestimated product line/company, on a tight budget, you can't find anything better!

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived