Dino888 Posted April 3, 2020 Report Posted April 3, 2020 Hi , I have searched far and wide for this but I am running my 4 ohm components wired to 2 ohm load on a 2 channel amp. I have coaxials in the rear running on 2 ohm load (4 ohm speakers). I am getting extremely bright tweeters on my components. Is this because I am running 2 ohm load through my crossover which was probably designed for a 4 ohm load? I am going to try running my on sepparate channels and scrap the rea coax - but I was curious to ask first. JBL GT7-6c some SPL 2 channel amp which is ancient rears are KFC 6965s kenwood deck is a pioneer 1300NEX Id appreciate clarification on this one as I cannot find any info anywhere on this type of setup on google
slowfkncar Posted April 3, 2020 Report Posted April 3, 2020 Correct, they are designed for a set impedance and if you go out of that range, crossover point will raise/lower depending on total impedance.
MrSkippyJ Posted April 3, 2020 Report Posted April 3, 2020 how exactly do you have it all wired up? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
blammo585 Posted April 4, 2020 Report Posted April 4, 2020 23 hours ago, Dino888 said: Hi , I have searched far and wide for this but I am running my 4 ohm components wired to 2 ohm load on a 2 channel amp. I have coaxials in the rear running on 2 ohm load (4 ohm speakers). I am getting extremely bright tweeters on my components. Is this because I am running 2 ohm load through my crossover which was probably designed for a 4 ohm load? I am going to try running my on sepparate channels and scrap the rea coax - but I was curious to ask first. JBL GT7-6c some SPL 2 channel amp which is ancient rears are KFC 6965s kenwood deck is a pioneer 1300NEX Id appreciate clarification on this one as I cannot find any info anywhere on this type of setup on google How do you have 4 ohm speakers running in a 2 ohm load?
AaronT Posted April 4, 2020 Report Posted April 4, 2020 15 hours ago, blammo585 said: How do you have 4 ohm speakers running in a 2 ohm load? Cuzz he parallel them
MrSkippyJ Posted April 4, 2020 Report Posted April 4, 2020 If it’s before the crossovers then it won’t hurt anything. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
blammo585 Posted April 4, 2020 Report Posted April 4, 2020 4 hours ago, AaronT said: Cuzz he parallel them Yeah but he never said anything about that. He didn't mention having 2 sets of any speakers, in front or rear.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.