Second Skin Audio

Reccomend me some subs!

Ipoksmote

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

id get the F.I Q either Magnet versions  and the D.C's over the skar anyday  ..... and none of your amps will run 2 of the skars zvx so you are going to have to buy another amp also which poses a few other problems for you  one being with what ohm version to buy when you buy the single sub... 

Yeah I am very curious about this.

So I never saw a dvc 1ohm subwoofer. I always thought it was 2dvc or 4dvc.

But the options are 1ohm and 2ohm... so I'm confused in which one I should buy. I think it's pretty clear...1ohm for a 1ohm load and 2 ohm for a 2ohm load... but...why would anyone want to buy the 1 ohm? The wiring options must be seriously limited??? Unless it's for people that run under 1ohm??

If you are going to run 2 amps at one ohm. You want to buy two dual 2 ohm subs.... there are plenty of different ohms of voice coils not just dual 2 or 4 dual 4 was the norm back in 95 or so when I started But now there is a few different ones

9 hours ago, Ipoksmote said:

Yeah I am very curious about this.

So I never saw a dvc 1ohm subwoofer. I always thought it was 2dvc or 4dvc.

But the options are 1ohm and 2ohm... so I'm confused in which one I should buy. I think it's pretty clear...1ohm for a 1ohm load and 2 ohm for a 2ohm load... but...why would anyone want to buy the 1 ohm? The wiring options must be seriously limited??? Unless it's for people that run under 1ohm??

Dual 1 ohm is probably more for the guys running multiple subs, 2 could be wired to 1 ohm final, 4 for half ohm , etc just for flexibility with multiple subs is all. And I agree, would choose any of the other options over skar. Have limited experience with skar stuff and none were good, tho my lil sis has a full skar setup in her 370z nismo and loves it. She's only had a sub rattle once and it was quickly replaced. Overall it's sounds dexent, seems u get mixed reviews regarding thier stuff. 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

20 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Ive ran skar equipment for years with no issue.

That's what I'm saying lol, either raving about em or pissed as hell about em.... Me personally I won't spend a penny on skar equipment but thats from personal experience and my $.02 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived