59 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

That’s a NICE build for real. I take back the $500 car comment for sure. Before I seen that you had 3 vehicles I spouted off like a fool lol! It happens to the best of us. And is your amp runs coming straight from your alternator? Does that make a difference in amperage draw or voltage? Do you have dual alternators and is the singer running the system, is that why?

thanks bud.  

yeah 2 runs of 2/0 ofc from alternator to rear lithium battery.  not sure if it makes any real difference, but i feel better knowing it's an uninterrupted flow of electricity from front to back.  after beating on it today for the first time my voltage rests at 14.7 while running and drops to 14.2 at full wang so I'm happy with roughly 5800 watts only pulling my voltage down ~0.5v

just a single alt, as you can see no real room for a 2nd lol.  only thing i might look into getting is a different output for the alternator, like a 3 spot or something.  only issue is hood clearance, space is tight.

You really did a solid job on this build.  What are you running for mids & highs?  I didn't read the beginning, i was distracted by the pictures. lol 

I would love to retire, drive around the states to hear some of the SMD members systems.  I don't hear any in Alaska, we have no real competitions and the car audio shops are a-holes and don't like giving demos.  Hell my son and i flew to Sacramento to visit Steve Meade unannounced and didn't get a demo.  My bad for not calling his shop to try to get a hold of him.  I did facebook him and email him but it wasn't enough.  Anyway i would love to hear your build.  

22 hours ago, bmwking said:

thanks bud.  

yeah 2 runs of 2/0 ofc from alternator to rear lithium battery.  not sure if it makes any real difference, but i feel better knowing it's an uninterrupted flow of electricity from front to back.  after beating on it today for the first time my voltage rests at 14.7 while running and drops to 14.2 at full wang so I'm happy with roughly 5800 watts only pulling my voltage down ~0.5v

just a single alt, as you can see no real room for a 2nd lol.  only thing i might look into getting is a different output for the alternator, like a 3 spot or something.  only issue is hood clearance, space is tight.

That makes sense and if I’m understanding correctly then you can still run regular batteries to you vehicle’s start up and stock needs and lithium to your system instead of running your whole car and system on the lithium. Correct?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 121gigawatts said:

That makes sense and if I’m understanding correctly then you can still run regular batteries to you vehicle’s start up and stock needs and lithium to your system instead of running your whole car and system on the lithium. Correct?

yeah i could do that, however technically everything is still tied together.  When I was trying to choose the right lithium for my setup I made sure to find one that played nicely with AGM batteries so I didn't have to figure out a way to reliably isolate the stereo from the regular car electrics.  So as it is, the under hood AGM and the Lithium are sharing duties

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

You really did a solid job on this build.  What are you running for mids & highs?  I didn't read the beginning, i was distracted by the pictures. lol 

I would love to retire, drive around the states to hear some of the SMD members systems.  I don't hear any in Alaska, we have no real competitions and the car audio shops are a-holes and don't like giving demos.  Hell my son and i flew to Sacramento to visit Steve Meade unannounced and didn't get a demo.  My bad for not calling his shop to try to get a hold of him.  I did facebook him and email him but it wasn't enough.  Anyway i would love to hear your build.  

Aw thanks man, that really means a lot coming from you!  mids and highs are handles by a set of CT Sounds Meso 5.25 components where I used the midbass driver for the rear door fill, then used the x over and tweeter along with a pair of 6.5" Lanzar Opti Pro audio mids for the front doors.  the amount of strong, detailed midbass that comes out of this setup with the subs turned all the way down is really impressive to me, probably the best I've had personally.  If we weren't under a stay at home order I would get some videos of it all, but I like my neighbors and don't like people knowing what I have in my car.  As soon as it's over tho...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a single 10" in my Subaru Forester 2003, sealed in the left hatch pocket w/ 500 watts.  I take it the deadener on the roof killed the insane resonance of it?  Cuz my setup is pretty tiny compared to yours and it's near unbearable around the 50hz region! I couldn't imagine anything more without deadening it!

Archived