Sonic Electronix

Two Monoblocks, one pair of RCAs. What do ya'll use?

What do you guys use to hook up multiple monoblock amps

I've seen the cockboxes and they look great, except the price. Would rather use something more simple like a splitter but I am a little confused on how you are meant to hook up two amps. Is one splitter enough for the two amps?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Yes 2 splitters as 1.21 said, or you use the pass through option most good mono blocks offer 

But when you split, and go to second amp setup. Each amp will now get half of the signal voltage as the single amp did when you had one, so gains will need reset

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

Yes 2 splitters as 1.21 said, or you use the pass through option most good mono blocks offer 

But when you split, and go to second amp setup. Each amp will now get half of the signal voltage as the single amp did when you had one, so gains will need reset

Voltage should change minimally, it’s a parallel circuit. I doubt gains need to be adjusted.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

1 hour ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Voltage should change minimally, it’s a parallel circuit. I doubt gains need to be adjusted.

That what I was thinking... so much information out there I didn't know what to trust. I'm going to eventually post what my dmm tells me the voltage is before and after a pass through or splitters. Thanks guys!

3 hours ago, kalilac619 said:

Thanks I actually got lucky. SHCA has a 25% off RCAs right now. Got two splitters for 12 bucks shipped. Code is RCA_25 but they say its only got 5 codes... 

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

Voltage/signal wouldn’t change at all.... I run splitters off a pair of RCAs to my 2 SCV7500s.... left and right both were 4 volts each and after splitter it was 2 lefts and 2 rights still at 4 volts 

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

That what I was thinking... so much information out there I didn't know what to trust. I'm going to eventually post what my dmm tells me the voltage is before and after a pass through or splitters. Thanks guys!

Voltage won’t change at all.... it would be the same as if you had your main power wire running to a dual distribution block....it wouldnt be 14volts in with 2 7volt outs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

Archived