Sonic Electronix

3 hours ago, Bobby Ramirez said:

I recently purchased the dd1 and it’s been a real help but I’m stump as too where my deck subwoofer gain should be at. Is it suppose to be turned all the way up or half way up if anyone has a idea please let me know 

Flat aka Turned off aka All the way down aka “0” aka “0db”. Always tune audio flat. But if your stereo clips at a certain volume when it’s flat then you have to turn the gains into the negatives. But good head units don’t clip on flat, even at full volume. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

The sub level control set to max and adjust it with the front and rear rcas for example if the front and rears distorts at volume 29 and the sub  distorts at 32 decrease the sub level till it’s the same

22 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

The sub level control set to max and adjust it with the front and rear rcas for example if the front and rears distorts at volume 29 and the sub  distorts at 32 decrease the sub level till it’s the same

I thought you are suppose to tune anything with all the gains on the head unit flat? Elaborate so I can understand. And why turn the subwoofer level down if the subwoofer is distorting at a higher volume than the mids and highs? Wouldn’t you turn the subwoofer level up so it distorts at the same lower volume the mids and highs distort at? And why would you have to set the subwoofer level/gain above 0db? If he has a good head unit there won’t be ANY distortion coming from that head unit even at full tilt. If he has a good head unit that doesn’t distort at full tilt when flat then why not tune it with the gains and levels at “0” (flat)? Everybody tunes their system flat. Then some after they tune it flat they turn some of the stuff down to get a better sound without going past flat and clipping. 

4D1F4107-4B3A-4DCC-A98B-670E50719CA9.thumb.jpeg.f47bb0fb428cf87e6334a51912253839.jpeg

crutchfield and many more websites and videos and people say set it “0”. When it says middle or no gain, they mean “middle” as in “0” because “0” is most of the time in the middle of negatives and positives. 

The subs preout voltage rca’s is controlled by the subwoofer level on the deck ( didn’t see I missed saying  decks I’m not talking about bass level )  at least my Jvc did that way it went 0 to 6 at 0 I had 0 volts out of the rcas and at 6 I got the max volts . Oppes yes I didn’t proof read what I said he will have to start at the volume at the lower distortion and then turn up the sub level ... my deck wasn’t different so I didn’t have to and my friends was like one click off ... 

Apply any eq settings before tuning with dd-1. This way you can fix any pitfalls in your bandwidth with the eq. Then set gains according to the signal strengths after eq has been applied.

However, you cannot push eq past what you set it without having to retune the system again so keep that in mind.

Archived