2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

I’ve noticed that expensive lithium batteries get hungry when they aren’t installed yet. So make sure you set food on top of it periodically until installation, so the battery can eat. Plus, I found out that expensive lithium batteries are self conscious about themselves when going through the uninstalled phase. So every now and then, walk up to it and tell it it’s sexy or something like that. Compliment it. Once installed, then you don’t have to feed it or compliment it anymore because it would become self sufficient and be content. It’s a tedious process. But if you love your lithium battery, you would have no problem with it and it becomes a want on your to do list instead of a need.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you doing a front battery delete? 

Or using an isolator?

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

8 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I’ve noticed that expensive lithium batteries get hungry when they aren’t installed yet. So make sure you set food on top of it periodically until installation, so the battery can eat. Plus, I found out that expensive lithium batteries are self conscious about themselves when going through the uninstalled phase. So every now and then, walk up to it and tell it it’s sexy or something like that. Compliment it. Once installed, then you don’t have to feed it or compliment it anymore because it would become self sufficient and be content. It’s a tedious process. But if you love your lithium battery, you would have no problem with it and it becomes a want on your to do list instead of a need.

I've still got to buy food for it. Ordering that today. My experience with much, MUCH smaller lithium batteries is they prefer to eat slowly, so I'm going to get that 5 amp battery feeder. And yes, it has it's own room in my closet, I kissed it goodnight! My wife wouldn't let me put it in bed with us. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 hours ago, Backwoods said:

Are you doing a front battery delete? 

Or using an isolator?

Battery delete. I've still got some research to do on exactly how to accomplish it, but I think I have a pretty good idea. Still nervous though

On 9/24/2020 at 6:49 AM, Dafaseles said:

Battery delete. I've still got some research to do on exactly how to accomplish it, but I think I have a pretty good idea. Still nervous though

I believe what my buddy suggests is to just leave the AGM in front and tape off the neg cable so incase you ever need the battery to start the car you can disconnect the lithium and quickly get the car started from the AGM

And yeah, Jose from Phat Boyz runs JVF subs which is what I run. Jeff Vue is a hobby sub builder from Sacramento. Love his beast subs lol.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

16 minutes ago, Baydestrian said:

I believe what my buddy suggests is to just leave the AGM in front and tape off the neg cable so incase you ever need the battery to start the car you can disconnect the lithium and quickly get the car started from the AGM

And yeah, Jose from Phat Boyz runs JVF subs which is what I run. Jeff Vue is a hobby sub builder from Sacramento. Love his beast subs lol.

I've heard of JVF, never heard them in person and I definitely didn't know they where somewhat local.

I saw on Instagram a while back, I think it was a van Phat Boyz did, full of DC Audio subs. It tripped me out because no other shop around here was messing with DC or really anything that wasn't JL, Fosgate, or Kicker for the most part. That thing looked like it slapped hard! 

The agm battery up front not connected, I've got 2 spots, so I could definitely do that. But what I'm nervous about is hooking up and running the stock electrical from a battery in a different spot. Like how much current do I need from the battery, 1 run off 1/0? 2 runs?  Is just securing a board and bolting battery terminals to it to hook up the stock stuff sufficient? What about the ground, it's that needed? Is there anything I'm forgetting? I've watched the 2 YouTube videos I could find about it, both from the same dude. Maybe I'm just overthinking it

Some people get an empty battery case and use it as a distribution block for under hood connections, like this but they are out of stock right now.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/products/battery-delete

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

25 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Some people get an empty battery case and use it as a distribution block for under hood connections, like this but they are out of stock right now.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/products/battery-delete

I saw those. It's that the same concept as bolting battery terminals to a board? Or is there any benefits of using a battery case? 

droppin hz is the worse company to buy anything from. They are con artists for real. They lie, they are lazy, and it’s hard to get ahold of them, their inventory is always limited and they hardly have the products that matter, they don’t honor any purchases in any way, they NEVER pick up the phone, they hardly answer emails, and it takes a long time for any product to be delivered. I’ve dealt with them twice. Both times took a long time. First time it took along time and I got lied to more than once and then once the product stocked it took them 2 weeks to even ship it and Cody said it was because they had other shipments to tend to. Sounds lazy to me. Second time, i places an order and then canceled about 12 hours after purchase well before shipping and they didn’t cancel or respond to any of emails, so I kept emailing them trying to contact them and then they just shipped the product and then I said something to them and they didn’t respond, so then I disputed the charge and then when the product arrived I asked for a shipping label and they didn’t say anything. I’ve summed it up after dealing with them twice as Cody and droppin hz is a horrible company and if anybody else thinks otherwise then that’s because Cody sent them the correct order promptly, which does happen often. But when he messes up, he doesn’t honor it or when somebody tries to cancel or send an item back, good luck on that or when you want a response from him when you bought something that wasn’t more than $500, good luck on that too. He would only respond to me on my first purchase because it was almost a $700 purchase but he lied to me and lied on his website more than once about the arrival date. If you aren’t 100% sure about an arrival date, then don’t put any date at all. I spoke to the vendor that they were getting the product from and Cody knew when the product was arriving and that is how I figured it out too. I wouldn’t dare do business with droppin hz.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

droppin hz is the worse company to buy anything from. They are con artists for real. They lie, they are lazy, and it’s hard to get ahold of them, their inventory is always limited and they hardly have the products that matter, they don’t honor any purchases in any way, they NEVER pick up the phone, they hardly answer emails, and it takes a long time for any product to be delivered. I’ve dealt with them twice. Both times took a long time. First time it took along time and I got lied to more than once and then once the product stocked it took them 2 weeks to even ship it and Cody said it was because they had other shipments to tend to. Sounds lazy to me. Second time, i places an order and then canceled about 12 hours after purchase well before shipping and they didn’t cancel or respond to any of emails, so I kept emailing them trying to contact them and then they just shipped the product and then I said something to them and they didn’t respond, so then I disputed the charge and then when the product arrived I asked for a shipping label and they didn’t say anything. I’ve summed it up after dealing with them twice as Cody and droppin hz is a horrible company and if anybody else thinks otherwise then that’s because Cody sent them the correct order promptly, which does happen often. But when he messes up, he doesn’t honor it or when somebody tries to cancel or send an item back, good luck on that or when you want a response from him when you bought something that wasn’t more than $500, good luck on that too. He would only respond to me on my first purchase because it was almost a $700 purchase but he lied to me and lied on his website more than once about the arrival date. If you aren’t 100% sure about an arrival date, then don’t put any date at all. I spoke to the vendor that they were getting the product from and Cody knew when the product was arriving and that is how I figured it out too. I wouldn’t dare do business with droppin hz.

That does sound like a pain in the ass bro! I'd be pissed too. I've been fortunate. I ordered that S4 and the Cyber 12k off droppin hz. I sent 2 emails total, just with little questions, nothing as serious as returns, and got responses rather quickly.

It was kind of off putting that, when I ordered the 12k, it didn't say they didn't have it in stock, but no one did so I knew they didn't either (got it during a 20% off sale). A couple weeks later they updated the website to say predicted item back in stock middle of whatever month, or whatever it said, but none of the big websites got there's at that time, so I didn't even trip off them not having it either. When the big websites got them, I emailed the company, and I got an email back saying I should get mine in about 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, got it.

So yeah, little weird things that definitely can be done better, but my experiences with them have been pretty positive.

All I have to buy now....I think.... are the SALT 4's, an SMD octo fused block (going to get those from down4sound), some cheap NVX sound deadening from a different website, I can't think of the name right now, and that OM1-VM1-TM1 single din setup from WC car audio. Then I think I should be ready to start! Can't F'n wait! 

Archived