Sundown Audio

Running four JP23.1 and only getting signal to one

pervitizm

Has anyone ran more than two of these without the need of an RCA distribution block.  Not strapping them either. I want one amp per sub and I guess master/slave doesn't work when you go beyond 2 amplifiers. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Yeah, unfortunately, that amplifier doesn't just have an RCA out. So you would need an RCA distribution block, or a crap load of Y adapters... which I do not recommend that many Y adapters. 

Not to mention, even if you could master/ slave 4 amplifiers, you'd have to run at 4 ohm so each amp would handle 1 ohm..... though I think that's impossible with any amp.... don't even know why I brought it up lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

34 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Yeah, unfortunately, that amplifier doesn't just have an RCA out. So you would need an RCA distribution block, or a crap load of Y adapters... which I do not recommend that many Y adapters. 

Not to mention, even if you could master/ slave 4 amplifiers, you'd have to run at 4 ohm so each amp would handle 1 ohm..... though I think that's impossible with any amp.... don't even know why I brought it up lol

Thanks. Yeah I ordered an RCA block. I wished I would have ordered it a few ago, cause it would be here already. Now I've gotta wait again. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

2 minutes ago, pervitizm said:

Thanks. Yeah I ordered an RCA block. I wished I would have ordered it a few ago, cause it would be here already. Now I've gotta wait again. 

Trust me, I know about the waiting game lol. It'll come, and you'll be stoked, and you'll install it, and be slapping! Patience, unfortunately....

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

The master/slave selection switch is only used when you are strapping amps, hence why you only get signal out of the 1 amp and your slave has nothing since the 2 amps are not strapped together with the speaker wire grounds, and that rca going into your slave is a 180 degree out of phase signal. You can only strap amps in pairs unless you have some B2 amps (iirc) that allow you to strap multiples up to 3 I think but thats the only brand I ever seen that option.
Either way strapping amps is not ideal since the amps are more prone to go into protect even if you are within all specs and don't wire below 2 ohms per pair of strapped amps. From my testing over the years from various brands and models of amps Ive always gotten more power out of the amps not strapped and they were a lot more stable not strapped even when wiring to crazy low impedances for spl purposes.
I've even tried 3rd party products the the Maxxsonics MaxLink made for strapping any matching amps (even non strappable amps) and it was less than ideal as well.
The RCA splitter box is your best bet which you already know by now, and volt match every amp so the output power is the same on each one.

Thanks all for the input.  One of my two RCA distribution block came in yesterday and I got it working now. I still need to set the gains but its playing and its loud. Gains on all 4amps are at the center position for now till I use my DD1 on them.  I have a few videos of them playing on my YouTube channel. 

Harmony Audio Monolith 18's in 2007 Suburban

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived