Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello 

i have always been into music but looking to start building systems with more power. 
 

I currently have:

2009 Toyota Highlander (Limited) 

3) 15” WDX g2.4 subwoofers (1250RMS/2500max)

1) Taramps bass 8k 

1) Taramps Smart Bass 5k

Stock 150amp alternator 

1) Duralast Platinum battery (Primary)

 

I wanted advice on what I would need to get this system going. I know the big 3 is getting done this week. Which amp would be better the 5k or is the 8k to much. Also what AGM batteries would be recommended or would an XS 500 farade Super Cap be better? 

 

  • VenomSoundz changed the title to Need help Setting up 3 15s. (Any Help Appreciated)
Posted

I'd worry about the 5k amp out-pacing the alternator.

If it's in the budget, I think, dollar for dollar, your best bet would be alternator, front battery, then you could probably get away with a single rear battery if you're running the 5k.

I don't have any experience with those units and if they'd even be able to take the full grunt of a 5k. That said... If you're careful, the 8k would be more apt to provide clean power, but you'd need to exercise some good restraint on the volume knob.

Posted

When I ran 5k had a 250Amp ALT , 2 runs of 0 gauge to the 5 rear batteries , but I also ran at .6 Ohms , you need way more electrical.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...