Dont You Love It When You Mention Fi

yea i was at a shop the other day talkin about fi the owner didnt have a clue what the fuck i was talkin about so i just walked out

you're an idiot for expecting the owner to carry a line that's not sold in stores.

slap yourself noob.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

Man theres a lot of consided comments on here. Who cares if the shop doesn't know about what you think is good or the best or even better. Most shop owners have busy life's and only know what there customers and dealer reps tell them and what they read in magazines and see at trade shows. Its also simply supply and demand. If theres no demand for the product then why put it on the shelfs to collect dust and not make you $ that kind of bisness doesn't keep the lights on and the doors open. I know here I was pushing sonic fx audio hard then there was another guy doing well over 150. when him and I started getting seen on the streets people started going into the local shop asking about the product. It took 2 years of talking and being seen on streets educating people and making a positive image for the product before the shop owner considered putting the stuff on his shelfs. So next time a shop owner doesn't know what your talking about don't stick you nose up at him and cop a attitude. instead shut your mouth and open your ears learn the local demographic then let your system do the talking.

Well put.

I demo this FI build all the time for a few local shops. They love it! Yes they never heard of FI or anything most of us know about for the most part. I can however tell you that they had some older Memphis gear walled in a astro and that thing got off!!!

It looked sick too. They know what they are doing when it comes to builds. They are just not up to date with trends etc. I can however say this. If i ever was to need something done and a shop was to do it, it would be them.

They may however be picking up AA and a few other companies. They have fallen in love with Sundown Power as well.

Owner Of DBDesignsInc. 404-573-3253 Authorized Sundown Audio Dealer/ Team Sundown/Fi CarAudio

There is a local shop nearby...I guess I'm lucky the owner is a good guy who is very helpful and totally respects fi products now that he has heard them. I'm actually going over there tomorrow cuz I have a little work that needs doing and I don't have the time... It just depends on the owner. Just don't walk into sound advice/best buy and expect intelligent service, because those kids will just shun your products and dismiss you completely.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

you all know that jl,kicker,orion and the list goes on. would have used the Internet the same way as dc,fi/aa,sundown do now if it was around back then. EVERYBODY has to start some where. and back in the early 90s when you would goto sound offs and see lanzar,gs(redline),cerwin vega,god father m&ms,then rockford,orion and if you saw someone with jl you were like wtf.is that stuff? now 20yrs later jl is mainstream; think what might happen it the next 10 yrs? DC or Fi and sundown available at best buy and all the kids saying that stuff is mainstream..that would make all of you responsible for that happening. if you really thing about it.....its cool.

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

• 2 months later...

Ha hooked my buddies car up, he trusted me enough to get him an fi BL 15, he thought t was some cheap off brand like Pyle, he has changed his opinion now. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

You guys have to relize that shops don't carry and or knock brands like fi sundown DC stetsom its not a name like kicker that every one knows it basically sells its self with the all the magazine articals and what ever kicker does to sell there product the shop only has to carry it and install it for the most part

Now fi aa DC they would have to SELL/talk you into it if all you know is mainstream even then the customer is gonna most likly op for the brand they heard of

It all comes down to advertisment

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

lol thats why i like the shop i go to. they pretty much know there shit.

X2 I went to mine the other day. (Mr Tunes) and I was taking to the guy who makes their boxs to get a price on what it would cost to do my next build. He asked what subs I was gonna run and told him DC's he started talking about the other lvl's and then we started talking about all sorts of shit from Fi to DD and even how well the sundown's preform at such low ohms without going into protect. I was so happy becuase I'm tired of the dumb ass comments and remarks I get from bestbuy and curcit city.

I kinda feel like when I see these kind of comments about how people working at best buy and places are idiots just kinda take it too far.

Basically what it comes down to, and I know from experience working in a retail store, is that when you've got a job at a store like that you either A. are only there to pay your bills so you don't need to know everything there is about that aspect of the store, or B. you've started out knowing nothing in the store and learned what you do know from what the store has.

After working in environments like this you really start to give some slack to these guys at best buy or circuit city, because after all, ten minutes before you come up to them ready to "test" how stupid they are about car audio, they were probably helping some dimwit old lady buy printer ink. Maybe that guy that was decent enough to come help you in car audio doesn't have the same affinity of the sport as we do, but that's the thing, they are just there to do the best they can to let you know about what THEY have to offer at the store, then go home and spend their paycheck. Again, alot of what they learn is mostly from the other guys in that department that DO specialize in installing the stores products and maybe they've brainwashed their co-workers to believe this over that.

It's so many different aspects to it that you just can't expect to go into a store, ask someone to help you with some car audio and expect them to know that you're just making fun of them.

I used to work at gander mountain, it's a store with hunting, fishing, camping and such equipment and I'll be honest, I didn't know everything there was to know about all those sports, but I was damn sure going to try and help someone out when they asked a question. Good example right here-

Had a guy come in and ask me which grill I would have recommended as the best to buy. I simply told him "well sir, this grill over here we just put together the other day and I personally was pretty impressed with it just by how well it seems the grill is made compared to our others", He then proceeds to tell me that that grill was a piece of shit and that his grill he bought from sams was better that our grills sucked. At this point is when I realized the guy was just trying to make me look dumb for his own gratification, so I told the guy "sir you asked me what I thought was the best grill to buy, and notice where I'm working. This is gander mountain and this is the best grill WE offer, if I worked at sams I would have probably known about the grill you bought and told you it was the best you could buy from sams" and at that I walked away.

Look at it from that point of view when you go into a store ready to make the people that work there look dumb. In my example I had a guy trying to make himself look like a badass because of his GRILL. I don't know about you guys, but I could give a shit about how bad ass my BBQ grill is, as long as it works good. Realize that some people look at car audio this way, if they were as addicted to it as we are they would be on the forums right here with us and WOULD know about Fi speakers when you come to the store ready to test their knowledge.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

(Alpine Quote)

"It all comes down to advertisment"

QFT right here

Most mainstream shops sell brands that people know and trust and are REALLY over advertised, The internet had really helped in doing this Over the years.

There are very few specialty Audio Shops around that carry loads of brands infact there is only one in the seattle area that has more then 4 Car Audio brands.

Also whats the point in going into lets say Car Toy's or some other huge corprate shop to go in there and start talking about stuff they might not have any clue about?

Archived