Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

Regarding pricing... Sundown has a concentration on *dealers* - you know, the guys that make your SPL shows happen by hosting them. So we have pricing guidelines in place for our online dealers - and our reps are not allowed to sell online, only authorized online dealers can do so.

If we let our reps go around the forums and sell to anyone at whatever price they wanted it certainly wouldn't be helping our dealers stay in business, which certainly wouldn't help the SPL scene since dealers host shows.

SPL competitors are eligible for Team Sundown pricing if they apply for the Team, but otherwise there are rules in place to support local dealers - which are the guys that work so hard to set up SPL shows and events.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Glad Jacob came on here, do you still honor the warranty on an amp when someone runs it down to .5, adn .35 like some guys on here are always harping about? It seems that is the "selling point" when it comes to the power sundowns are capable of making.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Glad Jacob came on here, do you still honor the warranty on an amp when someone runs it down to .5, adn .35 like some guys on here are always harping about? It seems that is the "selling point" when it comes to the power sundowns are capable of making.

no there is not a warranty at all under 1 ohm operation.

you are on.y eligible for the discount replacement

As Accordman pointed out the coverage ends below 1 ohm for the regular 2-year limited warranty.

You do not need to run under 1 ohm to achieve power levels in excess of the 3000-watts rated power, and running under 1 ohm daily does more to decrease efficiency than anything - I generally advise customers against it for anything but an SPL burp @ tuning at a known impedance rise.

A customer is eligible for the 5-year discounted replacement part of the warranty regardless of what load they ran the amp.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Why anyone would think any company would warranty an amp after it has been abused by running it at super low OHM loads is beyond me.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

As Accordman pointed out the coverage ends below 1 ohm for the regular 2-year limited warranty.

A customer is eligible for the 5-year discounted replacement part of the warranty regardless of what load they ran the amp.

thats pretty cool, thats good customer Service IMO, If i wasnt a Rockford Guy, it would be hard to choose between these two impressive amps.

There are many more people running Sundown on the street than stetsom, but I think it is partially because Sundown is alot more well known that Stetsom...at least to people who aren't competitors. I would like to get a long term review for a Stetsom amp from someone who is running a normal system daily. I have noticed alot of people using stetsom say they are using it in thier daily vehicle, but really drive it once a week, or only to bassrace shows.

its been over a year and i use my 7kd EVERY single day i have even used 2 straped daily! seriously they are great daily amps that put out massive amounts of power logan uses his lil 2kd EVERYDAY!!!

again

hello my friend my name is Alan Dante ,and stetsom eletronics USA'inc is a company here in usa ,we have 25 employes here in USA and 300 in brazil at the factory ,and bill to pay like eny other company here in USA.

we pay taxes like you do! we have all you need here in USA , full stock and tec suport!

stetsom USA is not shipp company in brazil , i like to clean this , we have repair center only for stetsom in USA !

stetsom have invest lots $$$$ ,to be here and make every thin we did!we have base in USA 2.5 years!

or return is less than 3% i am never worry about warrante!!!

if you like to try some stetsom you can call or line here 1703 209 3900 ! thanks alan dante team stetsom/DD

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

less than 3% blown up amps in 2.5 years sounds pretty solid to me

theres alot of zenon amps out there as well, and the failure rate on them for normal operation is pretty low as well.

Archived