Second Skin Audio

It's Offical, I'm Totally Confussed Now

yall know i'm gonna bump this post right. it too many of yall in here running DC subs. i'm sure someone in here can help me out.

EDIT:

I didn't see Amatts and Expo's pose so I may have jumped the gun on my bump. it kind of hard to read a thead from a PDA phone. :) I'll check out you're replies when I get home.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

yall know i'm gonna bump this post right. it too many of yall in here running DC subs. i'm sure someone in here can help me out.

but... with what? me and amatt just did. our calculations are .11 off in cubic space, and .22 difference in hz. probably less than that cuz i think i rounded. there wont be an audible difference between the two whether it went one way or another. pretty good imo considering we're using 2 different calculators

Yup.....I'm now in the QBABA mode........Quit B!tch!n And Build Already.

So I took Accordman advise and ditched the exta baffle on the bottom of the box, and just went with one divider board instead of 2. Those two changes alone have given me roughtly .2 cf of space to bring me up to aroud 5.4 cf of total space per sub. Not the 5.75 recommended by DC but close enough. I still kept the port lenght at 31 and my tuning is now looking right at around 33Hz.

cc2hl5.jpg

ccli5.jpg

cc1bj1.jpg

I still had a hint of doubt so I did one more mockup, this time single 6inch port that around 19inches long. Still around 21.75 inches high and that gave me a tunning of around 30Hz. I get roughly around 11.3 cf of combined airspace. That is including the port/subs/45's displacement.

bb3cp8.jpg

bbuf0.jpg

bb1qx1.jpg

bb2lm9.jpg

So this is it. No more sketchup drawing. No more waiting. My day tomorrow will start off with me and the old dude(my dad) at home depo buying sheets of MDF and maybe a tablesaw. What I'm looking for out of this final post by me in this particular thread is between these two enclosure designs........which one would you go with? The dual port box tuned to around 33Hz or the single port box tuned around 30Hz

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....