Sundown Audio

New Amplifier

+ZER0Hz+

Kole is a knock of of other knock offs

Kenwood FTW in those choices

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I was under the impression that each series of Kole amplifier is a knock-off of another company, ie; P-A, R-F etc. That's what I would have thought, seeing as he did mention each series, not each manufacturer or each company.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Ok,,, so everything is a knockoff of something, well almost everything at least

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. "

Just putting that out there....

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

power acustik bamf is a rip off of the new fosgate minis

both kole phanatik and PA LFA are alpine v-power rip offs

kole kx is a fosgate power elite rip off

kole qx is a rip off as well i forget which amp that is thou

Overall its all cosmetic the boards are nothing similar. i wouldn't even compare kole with kenwood... keep it with pyle audiobahn and bazooka where it belongs

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

power acustik bamf is a rip off of the new fosgate minis

both kole phanatik and PA LFA are alpine v-power rip offs

kole kx is a fosgate power elite rip off

kole qx is a rip off as well i forget which amp that is thou

Overall its all cosmetic the boards are nothing similar. i wouldn't even compare kole with kenwood... keep it with pyle audiobahn and bazooka where it belongs

Kole audio is not a rip off. Power acoustic is not a rip off. Companies like Memphis audio, jl audio and rockford fosgate is a rip off. You can get the same amount of power and more for a whole lot cheaper. For ex. a soundstream xxx 6500d has more power than any amp fosgate makes except the 15,000. The price of the soundstream is between 1,200 to 1,700 dollars and the t4000 is $2800. Its a waste of money. Yeah some amps are overrated but you have to look past that. An amp is rated at 2000 watts but its only 1400rms and it only $300. Its still a good deal. I tell you what go see how much a jl 1000 cost.

to make that power come out the XXX6500 you need 16v though

i see what your trying to say but sadly your wrong. Bottom line you cant afford those brands you stated are rip offs so your looking for alternatives that you THINK are the same or more power. i'd put my t4k thats in my closet against ANY AMP any of those companies make even those soundstreams on 12 volts

power acoustik, is basically something out there that lies to people about actual numbers but is cheaper so people buy it. Kole is complete trash but is pretty much the same concept, people cant afford JL/RF/kicker so they look for these alternatives.

In closing YES A JL AUDIO W7 DOES SOUND BETTER THEN YOUR POWER ACOUSTIK SUBS as well. until you can afford one and properly install it please dont talk out your ass.

Kole audio is not a rip off. Power acoustic is not a rip off. Companies like Memphis audio, jl audio and rockford fosgate is a rip off. You can get the same amount of power and more for a whole lot cheaper. For ex. a soundstream xxx 6500d has more power than any amp fosgate makes except the 15,000. The price of the soundstream is between 1,200 to 1,700 dollars and the t4000 is $2800. Its a waste of money. Yeah some amps are overrated but you have to look past that. An amp is rated at 2000 watts but its only 1400rms and it only $300. Its still a good deal. I tell you what go see how much a jl 1000 cost.

ummm..wrong. :fool: It is a rip off...Why would they take designs from different companies then? Also, any power that they do make is way dirtier than any of the other brands that actually take pride in their work and do what they claim..

And also, nobody pays MSRP for any Fosgate amp including the T4K...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

also i'd gladly take that jl 1000/1 over any pa/kole product .

how many years has this SAME amp been used by the company and still does work?

I had one on 2 SE 12's slammin and it sounded awesome

Archived