Second Skin Audio

Mmats Dreadnaut Or Btl

nmbitm

Hey I'm not saying Fi, DC, or Sundown aren't good....trust me I would run any sub from any of the 3 companies mentioned but DD does have good subs aswell....

to the OP since this is getting a little off topic what is your goal? money to spend? are you gonna have the electrical to run a BTL?

You can't just put up another one of these oh so many "Which is better BLANK or a BTL?"

What do you want out of your sub? Bawls to the wall loud, musical, or loud and musical?

and sorry David if you thought I was bashing Fi, DC, or Sundown they are obviously proven and are a great product at a great price

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

It still doesn't give him an excuse to be a douche bag.I know my shit, and dont feel the need to put anyone down because they aren't running 500+ dollar subs and 1000+ dollar amps. I wasn't trying to say he didn't know anything, I just felt the need to respond to someone calling me out for havin a system that fits into the system of a college budget. It might not be the best shit, but it god Meade's seal of approval on his trip to FL.

your right, well I dont think he is douche, I just think he is to harsh sometimes, he reallly is a good guy, and that comment wasnt meant for you, sorry if you thought it was, it was meant for platestacker.

I know you know you what your doing and not everyone can afford the top gear, keep doing what your doing mang.

This poor dude has no clue. I almost feel sorry for him. Are you like 12? Can't seem to get off the band wagon can you? Your so biased and blind.

Incase you havent noticed, this forums users like DC, FI, RF, and Sundown. All great companyies. There are only a few dd users here.

bitch please I stated why I replied to the original poster (it was a joke since his q was too vague) ..... I dont lack anywhere lil boy so stop confusing me with yourself. I run DD(since 2000) because their product has NEVER failed me, they have given me alot of support, and i love how they perform in daily and competition applications. They helped me set several state/regional records and got me 2 world finals invites in DB Drag and USAC so take that fanboy shit elsewhere chump. I dont coat tail with the "cool" brand of the month. What the fuck does my sig have to do with the topic at hand, seems like you are reaching for shit to talk about lil boy. My other affiliations/hobbies have nothing to do with this matter so stay on track kiddo. Like it or not you run flea market shit that I wouldnt give to my worst enemy. You are happy with their performance and thats fine but it doesnt change the fact of it being mediocre bargain bin garbage imo.

And you show your n00b status by thinking DD subs are spl subs, the 9500s are studio drivers and the 9100s are some of the best sq subs out in many peoples eyes. Most people tend to stuff them in the largest box they can find with tons of port and power for burps and that will hinder ANY subs performance on music. How many championship level sq cars have you seen with PA/MA and how many have DD subs/components? :spiteful: :spiteful:

shoving DD down a throat? stop vocalizing on your homo-erotic fantasies this is a family oriented forum :)

Just because a product isn't used in SQ cars doesn't mean it is shit. Sounds like you need to quit spouting off at the mouth and shit talking equipment you have no experience with. Apparently my Ma and PA combination isn't too shitty as I have not heard one person say anything negative about my setup. you just need something to bitch about as you are obviously an asshole who thrives on talking down to other people who you have no business talking down to. Sorry I didn't consider all other meanings to what I say as I dont live with a gay frame of mind I never even thought of shoving DD down someone's throat to even remotely sound like a "homo-erotic fantasy".

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I wanted to run some DD 9500 subs myself, but I couldn't afford almost $1200 for a pair of woofers. I was looking for something that would last longer than the month that my DC subs did. I had Jacob from Sundown get back to me about a pm that I sent him. I won't say the price I got the subs for from him but he sold me $1100 worth of subs for a very very good price. I've had them for almost 3 weeks now and haven't had a single problem with them at all. They are almost 3 db louder in my car than the DC's ever were, and the single Fi btl that I had was 1.7 db louder than 2 DC level 4 12's. Point is some of the guys on here need to jump off the DC/Fi cock wagon. These companies make some decent subs Fi being better than DC imo, but they are not the only subs in the world that will get loud and sound good doing it. A sub also has to last with high power for a while. I loved my btl for that and well, my level 4's sucked ass at being reliable. I haven't changed a single setting on the amp and the Nightshades are taking what I'm throwing at it like a champ. Point is don't buy a sub because it's popular, I've learned that, buy a sub because it is going to last and out perform the competition. DD is one of those companies that will do that. Ask Rusty Flowers what kind of subs he ran in his CRX before he ran some DC's. Ummm... I believe those were DD 9500 10's.

your right, well I dont think he is douche, I just think he is to harsh sometimes, he reallly is a good guy, and that comment wasnt meant for you, sorry if you thought it was, it was meant for platestacker.

I know you know you what your doing and not everyone can afford the top gear, keep doing what your doing mang.

Thanks man. Honestly I wasn't even trying to start shit with pitbull, and if it was really a joke...my bad for not taking it that way, but people always throwing brands in when they aren't mentioned is just something I find extremely annoying. I may be biased, but it seems to happen most with DD, so I tend to be more critical of the DD crowd.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I wanted to run some DD 9500 subs myself, but I couldn't afford almost $1200 for a pair of woofers. I was looking for something that would last longer than the month that my DC subs did. I had Jacob from Sundown get back to me about a pm that I sent him. I won't say the price I got the subs for from him but he sold me $1100 worth of subs for a very very good price. I've had them for almost 3 weeks now and haven't had a single problem with them at all. They are almost 3 db louder in my car than the DC's ever were, and the single Fi btl that I had was 1.7 db louder than 2 DC level 4 12's. Point is some of the guys on here need to jump off the DC/Fi cock wagon. These companies make some decent subs Fi being better than DC imo, but they are not the only subs in the world that will get loud and sound good doing it. A sub also has to last with high power for a while. I loved my btl for that and well, my level 4's sucked ass at being reliable. I haven't changed a single setting on the amp and the Nightshades are taking what I'm throwing at it like a champ. Point is don't buy a sub because it's popular, I've learned that, buy a sub because it is going to last and out perform the competition. DD is one of those companies that will do that. Ask Rusty Flowers what kind of subs he ran in his CRX before he ran some DC's. Ummm... I believe those were DD 9500 10's.

you sound like a noob, there is nothing wrong with DC subz, inexperience will kill any sub quickly, wonder how long before you kill teh subdowns, your a newb I see your posts over at Termpro, stop acting like some SPL Superstar.

get off the DC/FI cock wagoon???? dude your real close to catching aboot out the door, Fi and DC are Site sponsers if you got a problem with it dont let the door hit you in teh ass on the way out.

This poor dude has no clue. I almost feel sorry for him. Are you like 12? Can't seem to get off the band wagon can you? Your so biased and blind. And you really provided a ton of help to the OP too. I bet you think Corvettes are the only sports cars and Harleys are the only real Motorcycles too, huh? You make me giggle!

sorry gnub but Im nowhere near clueless.... I dont ride bandwagons and I dont coattail like the vast majority of forum goers... run along now

btw

Ducati > Harley

Impala w/vette motor > vette

:spiteful:

It still doesn't give him an excuse to be a douche bag.I know my shit, and dont feel the need to put anyone down because they aren't running 500+ dollar subs and 1000+ dollar amps. I wasn't trying to say he didn't know anything, I just felt the need to respond to someone calling me out for havin a system that fits into the system of a college budget. It might not be the best shit, but it god Meade's seal of approval on his trip to FL.

I commented about your PA/MA setup because you referred to DD as shit.....if you are going to talk shit about something you better have something thats better otherwise you are just a jealous hater......Like Ive said OVER AND OVER the original reply was a joke YOU chose to make a smartass remark to me for no reason so dont play mr innocent... and Id rather be a "douchebag" than a hatin ass bitch like you :)

Thanks man. Honestly I wasn't even trying to start shit with pitbull, and if it was really a joke...my bad for not taking it that way, but people always throwing brands in when they aren't mentioned is just something I find extremely annoying. I may be biased, but it seems to happen most with DD, so I tend to be more critical of the DD crowd.

funny since every other word coming out of peoples mouths here is FI,DC, or Sundown but you only buck up when DD is mentioned.... there must be some deep seeded issues with you..

**disclaimer**

I love FI & DC products Nick Morgan is my brotha from anotha motha and Rusty w/DC has always been cool as hell with me! Dont think Im bashing their companies in any way I got nuthin but love and respect for them :drinks: :drinks:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived