First off, I bought this amp cause I just wanted to see if it really lived up to the power ratings that I saw on birthsheets and on the rated vs actual power site. I got it used for $90 shipped. (Got a great deal on it) My first impression of this amp when I took it out of the box was, wow its almost as big as my T10001bd, very heavy and solid. I hooked it up to a pair of 10's in my F150. I have had several amps in my truck JL audio, planet audio, Zapco, and a couple other I can remember off hand. Going through my music ranging from hard rock to rap, this amp blew me away. It has close to the SQ of the Zapco (probably cause its an ab class and not d class like the other amps I have had on the subs) and the power output of the Planet audio bb1350.1. It stays cool even in the 115 degree heat here in Nor Cal, and hasn't shut down yet even when pushed hard. The one negative is that like my T10001bd the cover rattles with the bass notes. But thanks to some guys here on the forum, I have gotten some tips on how to fix that. It does draw a bit of power, but that is to be expected for ab class amp putting out close to 900 watts. (according to the rockford website) For an amp that is rated at 50 watts per channel, this is an incredible value. I will re-review this amp in a couple of weeks cause I want to hear how it sounds on my mids and highs. But as for sub duty, this is a definite thumbs up. :good:

rated power:

50 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms

150 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm

300 watts x1 @ 2 ohms

average actual power:

223 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms

346 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm

838 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/amp_power_output.asp

n2caraudio.com

Cool.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

my Rockford 700S did 2ohms bridged (1 per channel) for months! congrats on the good buy dont blow out any mids ;-)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I'm getting 400wRMS more outta my T800 on 2Ohms, so i'm happy as hell. Though it's a pity that my component speakers were'nt up for the challenge... :( lol

Interested to know why rockford under rate their products, as i'm pretty sure there's no manufacturing faults that would result in the amps ACTUALLY having wat they're rated at

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

• 2 months later...

beastly lil amp!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived