Really Dumb Theory

For running a car audio setup in your room. Instead of using batteries/car chargers/PSU's.

Couldn't you put a real car alternator in your room and whip a little device together that spins a belt at 2krpm to spin the alternator pulley.

Then from there, run your normal + wires and ground's to the amplifier.

Thats a dumb theory...but it could work couldnt it? just throwing ideas out there

good luck finding a 5hp electric motor that runs on 115v

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

You will Smoke your amp if you Hook it directly to an Alt!

I would just get Some battery's And Just bust out the batt Charger!

thats what i did 40amp charger with 2 batts

Im a scamming little cunt rag. i like penis, cum more penis, oh and did i mention penis.

i suck at life....

Couldn't you put a real car alternator in your room and whip a little device together that spins a belt at 2krpm to spin the alternator pulley.

the 2000rpm's you always read about is the motor rpm, the alternator rpm is A LOT higher because it has a tiny pully. I want to say alternator rpm is something like 5000+rpm's.

so finding a motor to spin your alternator way above 2000rpms is going to be a bit of a challenge I think

why would hooking an amp straight to the alt be a bad idea? and hooking up batts to that would fix it, no?

plus its just a theory, but you never know. maybe someone is crazy enough to try it :)

Edited by Krannyman92

good luck finding a 5hp electric motor that runs on 115v

I have 6 or 7 sitting right next to me.

Heres what you do.

You need

1 washing machine motor. Free from the dump.

harbor freight lathe pully

Good GM one wire alternator.

1 car battery.

Now your going to want to figure out how many rpms your washing machine motor turns. Normally you want a ratio of 1 1/2 to 1 or 2 to 1

So shop around for the proper size pulley 1 1/2 times or 2 times the size of the alternator pulley. You don't have a lathe like i did so your gonna have to magivor the pulley onto the motor some how.

run the 1 wire from the alternator to the battery then run the ground from the battery to the the chassis of the alternator.

for the mounts Ive used any thing from 2 vises to a 2 by 8 piece of wood with some steel bolted to it.

Hope this helps :8)

For running a car audio setup in your room. Instead of using batteries/car chargers/PSU's.

Then from there, run your normal + wires and ground's to the amplifier.

Thats a dumb theory...but it could work couldnt it? just throwing ideas out there

Yes you can, they made one in my electricity class last year, fan blower motor, and pulleys, car battery, with a plug.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.