my grand parents are in the stock market and they had to have 1 million before there broker would even talk to them about investing. well needless to say, now each is worth over 12 million.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

set up a roth IRA if you are planning in terms of retirement. Any bank can tell you about it. Like a 401K , but you pay tax on what you put in, not on your net profits basically. A 401K is good, really good, and very common among employer benefits. But, while pretax income contributions are made, you are ultimately taxed on all of your return, or gains - i.e. your profits. This can be very costly when retirement comes.

As far as just buying stock, any big name technology company, big energy ( including the oil companies ) , and surface transportation companies. Railroads and UPS will never let you down. No matter how bad the economy gets, the 4 major railroads are not going anywhere. Can you see moving a power plants supply of coal any other way?

I am partial to the railroad stocks, cause CSX alone has gone up over 20 bucks a share in the past year. Between my company stock, and my 401k invested into stocks and a few S&P and mutual funds, my portfolio has grown ( including my contributions ) to around 23 grand in just under two years

Find a good financial adviser and create a plan and stick to it.

this is VERY interesting...you think E trade will put me on the right track?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

my grand parents are in the stock market and they had to have 1 million before there broker would even talk to them about investing. well needless to say, now each is worth over 12 million.

all that money in your family and your still not loud??

Tell your grand parents some fellow members on SMD need some sponsers!! :clapping:

Ive got a few the best is harley because they split like crazy a few years ago. I would look into buying some from were you work. Things to look for are what kind of price brake do you get what type of stocks are they. What happens if your fired on bad terms. Then I would put them in the dividen reinvestment program. Your work should have a good program for that. I would see if the program you enter in is still going to be active after you no longer work there to.

They might have 12 mill but when there broker takes his cut its more like 8 I know because my brother in law is an Actuary

i dont know what to say to invest in but you can check out sharebuilder

i was turned onto it not long ago and have around 4k in agg (thats the symbol name)

and i get around 35-43 cents per share each month that is automaticly reinvested in more of the same stock, and i bought all mine when the prices were low and now there almost double the price i orignaly paid..... but sharebuilder helped me choose what to invest in and has other plans to look at like auto investments that are placed on a certian day of the week and the just remove the money from your checking and do all the work for ya

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

The higher the risk the higher the reward potential. Stocks are not really a place to make money in a short time period. I know it is possible but it is also possible to loose everything. Tech stocks small companies are usually the highest risk and Tbills and Gov. bonds are low risk. Talk to someone who is paid to tell you where to put your money. Just my 2 cents. Have an awesome day. D

this is VERY interesting...you think E trade will put me on the right track?

etrade, scottrade, any of those places... Look for a site that has a phone number you call and actually speak to a investment counselor or purchasing agent for advise. tell them your goals, and your investment capital amount. Plenty of places offer these services, and other things to consider is cost per trade, how many trades can you make a month, minimum trade amount in dollars ( lowest amount of money you can use to call in and make a purchase with out penalty ) ... Just take your time and shop around , ask every question you can possibly think of, and most of all, even over the phone, find a place that feels comfortable to you. Whoever is willing to spend time on the phone answering your investment questions, inquiries about trading fees, and inquiries about the companies you intend to purchase shares of. Most of all, stick with companies you have heard of, and that have a good reputation. you could end up making alot of money, or losing your ass, you don't want to get stuck paying commissions or fees for profits/losses , and you want to give yourself piece of mind that your money is being handed over to somebody that knows what they are doing...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

They might have 12 mill but when there broker takes his cut its more like 8 I know because my brother in law is an Actuary

no the 12 mil was after the broker took his cut.

and audiofanactics, if i could get them to throw the money for my audio equipment i would be hella loud right now

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg