Router Kicked Me In The Balls Today

birch is stronger and lighter, but imo more of a pain to work with. i'll just deal with the dust from MDF for the ease of working with it. always has been easier and had a better result in my experience. tho i did stain the bottom piece in my old build which you could see through the port. it was HOT. i'm going to do some trim pieces or somethin with thinner birch and stain it so i can use MDF for everything else

i like mdf more as whell, just dont like the weight

birch weight>mdf weight

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

and to the op, this thread is a disappointment. i thought ur router hit u in the nuts.

x2 lmao

but then i got distracted on the 35 dollars for birch

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

and to the op, this thread is a disappointment. i thought ur router hit u in the nuts.

hahahahahahah so did i. i kept reading waiting for the part where it hit him in the nuts. but never came

and theres 2 different types of birch. the whole board is made of birch, and i believe the other one is every other layer is made of birch.

hell the stuff i think i used had a veneer layer on top and that was it :pardon:

x2 lmao

but then i got distracted on the 35 dollars for birch

i paid 25 for the last sheet i bought. the cheaper stuff tho...not the 40-45 dollar stuff they had. i think it shoulda been 30 bucks but the guy at the cashier got all confused and just gave me the sheet for the price of the MDF i bought :)

Sorry for not having nuts ripped off guys, but have a close encounter...

As soon as I finished cutting the center circle of wood out the pin in the jasper jig did not come out of the wood circle...and the bit caught the edge of the wood... so the 15" circle blank was doing prolly 8000 rpm's attached to my router...It was funny and scary at first.

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

wait are you cutting 5/8" at a time?

if you are thats your problem only supposed to cut like 1/4" at a time

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

wait are you cutting 5/8" at a time?

if you are thats your problem only supposed to cut like 1/4" at a time

No, the depth of the bit was 5/8"~~~the height of my sub gasket

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

No, the depth of the bit was 5/8"~~~the height of my sub gasket

yeah the depth was set to 5/8" but you still made a couple of passes to get to that right?

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

thats cheap ass birch, it has voids, which is not good, if your gonna spend the money buy the good stuff, void free 11ply Baltic birch, its expensive, but much better than the cheap crap HD sells