A Good Sq Woofer?

smokeumtires

Old School Oz Audio 10 or 12" if you can find one in good condition, You only need 1 and about 200 rms to make it sound really good.

They look Like these in this photo. Posted Image

As far as new gear goes I see a couple of people here already listed some really high end stuff.

You should check out diamond D9 or TDX subs. I've heard good things about them. I currently have D6's and they sound good with any music. They are fast, loud, and are under control all the time.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

check out the Morel Ultimo's very accuracte subs high SQ quality

Owner of Sound Solutionz in Sparks,NV

Go Big Or Go Home!!!

banner2.jpg

wow some of these responses are way the fuck out there. RE XXX was my ultimate daily driven block thumping sound good woofer. and it will rip your head off with the lows. the w7 i did not care for the sound at all. Just didnt do much for my ears. and it was in JL's recommended HO box so that wasnt it. I dig the IDMAX and the IDQ series as well. For big time SQ though you are going to have to look into the hertz the morels etc etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I like the Mmats dreadnaut it gets loud and clean in the right enclosure.

I would pass on the dreadnaut.... I pulled a pair of 12''s out of a vehicle and replaced them witha pair of old orion 10"s, more output and a LOT CLEANER. Now hes using 3 JL 10w1v2. I would recomend Memphis, or if you can find an old Alpine, remember the ones with the wavy surround, can't remember whatthey were.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I thought JBL wins most of the SQ comps, i could be wrong :blink:

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

Pyle drivers are sweet, right? :rofl: but like some of the guys said, depends on really what your gonna do. If your going full blown competition and price doesn't matter, drop the money you can on the best you can get, but if its a daily that you just want to sound great and not compete with, then go with something that is the best for the money. My opinion, no w7's. overpriced for what you get. Why pay more cause it says jl? Just my opinion, hope noone's feelings are hurt.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

I thought JBL wins most of the SQ comps, i could be wrong :blink:

sq is more install then drivers... while good drivers def help you can easily trash it with a bad box, wrong tuning, fining the box incorrectly ect

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived