Extreme Groundpounder Build Up. Got Steel?(new Pics/doors Started 10-23-2k8)

Lil update.

the rear is done for now, I deffintly made my cut on the extreme-side in the rear, fully aired up and the rear doesnt quite get to old stock Ride height, which is cool, I learned sooo much doing this tho.

the front is gonna take some serious work to get it where I want it, basicly I cut/grind the old base lower and then re assemble it, drop the jack to see where it sits, right now it has about a 3/4" gap between front tire and the fender well, I have dead batts(camera) and I work tomorrow so no pics untill sun/mon

Looks good bro! just one question...did you have to do much fab to make them airstruts work for your application? thought about baggin the benz is why I ask just no good with metal fab!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

The rear was pretty simple, I bought a universal rear strut kit (airlift), you have to weld it together after you cut one piece, it was alot easier than the front.

the front end is alot more complicated because its a macphearson strut ( it turns with the spindle when you turn the wheels) I used a universal air kit, you re-use your old stut, so there could be a fair amount of cutting and grinding, in my case alot.

Hmmmm, probably better left to someone with some welding skills in my case. (very limited tacking and whatnot)....Cool shit though man!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

lookin good

hows your foot?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hmmmm, probably better left to someone with some welding skills in my case. (very limited tacking and whatnot)....Cool shit though man!

they make kits for some cars, so you may be able to purchase a kit that doesnt involve any fab work at all

look here

http://www.airliftcompany.com/

Archived