Goliath on a BTL

Gavin

I already have blown shit up.. my atomic apx's in a bandpass box, smoked my MM4000's due to low amps,I though about solo x's but now I want to see what the new Maxxsonics subs will do first!

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

imo, id go with the solo x's.  those fuckers would be loud!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I tell ya, if I had the money or Meade's power, that's what I would drop in there for competeing. Kicker's square design was designed just more moving air, that's why their SPL is so high, the subs backfires, compressing the air inside the enclosure, which pushes air out of the port faster, while with the right power to make the sub move to it's full x-mass, you're talking about a monster. It just takes so much to power the damn things, I'd like to test one to see if it plays music good enough for me, everyone says they sound like shit, which is what everyone says about the L series but mine sounds good enought to me, they hit everything but 70-up, cause I had them crossed so low. Run the SoloX if you got the money bro.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

yeah, i agree.  im usin mofos and i think there sound quality is just fine.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I agree with BIG SEXY AUDIO...Lots of people said the L7s sounded like shit but they sound fine to me.

its mainly in the eye of the beholder IMO, when i ran L7s they sounded ok or good enough for me,  then i went to a magnum and it was good for me, then a 04 4 spoke XXX and it was great to me.  Each time i heard more the grade of the l7s slipped more and more, and when i to this day hear them they never sound as great as other subs that i have owned, but i do remember loving them when i had them.

I will say this,  when you have the ability to own much better equipment you are alot pickier about what sound good to you and what doesnt.

Very True, audio is all in opinion, and people will grade things different, but to me, Kicker carries I great line of subs, if they didn't they would be making some much money. So the guys there are doing something right, But try those SOLOX's, they're made just for burping, but I'm sure you put over 5kw to each of them, they'll play whatever the hell you want them you!!!

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

I agree with BIG SEXY AUDIO...Lots of people said the L7s sounded like shit but they sound fine to me.

its mainly in the eye of the beholder IMO, when i ran L7s they sounded ok or good enough for me,  then i went to a magnum and it was good for me, then a 04 4 spoke XXX and it was great to me.  Each time i heard more the grade of the l7s slipped more and more, and when i to this day hear them they never sound as great as other subs that i have owned, but i do remember loving them when i had them.

I will say this,  when you have the ability to own much better equipment you are alot pickier about what sound good to you and what doesnt.

Very true...I remember hearing my friend's XXX for the first time (old style xxx) and I was very impressed  :love:

I feel ya, loved my L7's  but would never buy another.

and form what i see all of us have owned them at one time or another, and thats what makes them stay in business, the beginners whom want loud, i did it, most of ya'll did it, and lots more to come will buy them for the same reason. 

As for this Goliath w/BTl thing i say go ahead, people were doing that with MT's before these came out and they didnt have cooling options, so let em wang

Archived