Second Skin Audio

Blown Re Sx

my re sx broketh.... NOOO! how can i fix this? will glueing it back with silicon fix it? it gets no power.. who will fix for a broke college student? haha..damnit..

pa070102am4.jpg

pa070103ks3.jpg hope these help! thx guys..

15" re sx 4.1 cub at 33hz box by coolwazabi

no silocone!! if just the spider came un-attached and it didnt hurt anything then go get urself a good epoxy and glue it back on.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

RE sure does some fine glue jobs. Go get some CA glue and accelerator and try that. IT won't glue back down perfectly in the gap in the motor though since there is no way to get shims in so you may just need to do a recone.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

^^^

What he says..

But if your feeling like the fixer upper guy, just peal off the dustcap and shim out the gap in the voice coile with some small pieces of plastic (like overhead transparency papers). Then reglue the spider back down..

You will not want to use an epoxy to glue the spider back down. if it was a fresh recone job then maybe, but being that your surround is still glued down it may get off centered somehow while the epoxy dries where as the ca glue will bond immeditly when sprayed with activator.

5 minute epoxy by loctite will work better than any ca glue ever will. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a package of it for $4 and make sure it's the one with the tubes with it that will mix the epoxy together in equal parts. Don't waste your time with ca glue, it takes longer to dry and it isn't as strong. The same thing happened to one of my subs after it was reconed and I used the loctite epoxy and I have never had an issue with it since. I also blew a dust cap off of the reconed woofer and used the epoxy to fix it and it's better than ever. USE THE EPOXY!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ca Glue with accelerator is pretty much instant bond, use Black Ca glue with accelerator, thats what the manufacturer uses, so thats what you should use.

They use it because it's cheaper than epoxy. Jacob at Sundown told me after the CA glue failed on the woofers that we reconed just to go and get the epoxy that I mentioned because it would work better and be stronger. He also said that the only reason that he doesn't use it on all of his woofers is because it's way more expensive than the CA glue he normally does. He also offered an epoxy option on the E8 woofers to help the spiders hold on at higher power when the CA glue was failing. It doesn't matter CA glue is harder to come by and epoxy is easy to get. Use whatever you are most comfortable with, or whatever is available to you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ca Glue with accelerator is pretty much instant bond, use Black Ca glue with accelerator, thats what the manufacturer uses, so thats what you should use.

nice SIG

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

ok.. im going to glue it back tomorrow, how do i know if it will fix it? I am not able to get music to go through the woofer. Will glueing it back send the correct signal or somethin? im kinda confused =\!

15" re sx 4.1 cub at 33hz box by coolwazabi