You Know You Like Car Audio And Bass Too Much When

i couldnt charge for that, its too damn funny

i dont think mine is that loud, i guess im used to it, and have heard so many legitimately loud cars i dont think mine is anything special. Some upstate girl sits in the back seat though, its the loudest friggin thing shes ever heard, and she tells her friends, and they ask about it, show them, etc...

i'm still just trying to make it impressive to me, which i guess falls into that whole so addicted to bass you tear out the loudest system anyone has ever heard to put a louder one in. ive got to stop doing this, im on my like 3rd set of subs, 2nd set of amps, 4th head unit, second set of speakers, in a car ive had for 2 years this coming spring.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you know you like bass to much when you have so much bass you dont even notice you blew a door speaker.

when you have under wear 3 years old but got subs in your car less than a month old.

you have sounds in your room...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

you know you like car audio too much when you cant wait to learn about ohms law in physics. (its the same ohms that you use in car audio. right?)

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Know your a bass addict when you dont have a car, so you put subs in your girlfriends car and her daughters car

That is EXACTLY what I'm doing with my gf's car.. LOL.

'U never seen hell til you've worked at WalMart 1716 over nite"

i definately learned all that electrical stuff in physics like the back of my hand =) even coulombs so i could calculate capacitance and stuff, its all nice to know, and mad simple too. (6.24x10^18 electrons per second=1amp ftw) lets you win that "why a capacitor is useless" fight real quick with like 4 equations, once you prove it holds less energy than a watch battery they give up=)

i forgot to mention:

-you have more shirts that have an audio company name on them than normal ones, since you get them free at car shows, and all your cash goes to the stereo

-people you dont even know come up to you at parties and say they want to learn about systems from you (happened the second time last night)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

You know you love car audio when your main living space looks like this.

P.S. and theres still gear in the cubby hole in the closet and a bunch of stuff under the bed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Theres still more around here somewhere. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

You might be a audio addict when:

A car drives by with a system and you smile and say to your woman "You know I'm louder than that right?"

You sell more audio equiptment online than the ebay stores.

You have certain friends that the only thing you talk about is car audio.

People at work refer to you as the bass guy.

Anytime your boss hears a loud car in the parking lot at work he automatically blames you for it even if you weren't in your car.

If you get caught playing your system at work one more time you're going to get an unpaid 3 day vacation. :(

You drive around and instead of listening to music you play test tones and sweeps just to hear the full potential of your ride

You have people's phone numbers in your phone under their team names.

People ask you if you ever think that you're going to go def and you say huh?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived