Sundown Audio

Ab 400.1

mazda6i07

I own 2 of them. 1 is blown to all hell.

Don't mount it anywhere near/on your box. The vibration will snap the legs off the output FETs and the entire amp will burn. Costs about $400 to rebuild.

Power is approximately 3500w @ 1 ohm @ 12v and a shade under 5000w @ 1 ohm at 14.4v and then lots and lots and lots at 16v+

Dropping the impedance will get the power up a bit (touching 4kw @ 0.5 ohms @ 12v) but below that they don't gain much.

They love voltage. High output alt is an absolute must. Will draw over 500A at 0.25 ohm burps so make sure your electrical is stout. A 250A alt should keep it wangin' on music all day though with a pretty rediculous amount of output.

They seem to be reasonably tolerant of low voltage (although power drops significantly) - I have seen mine drop below 11v on burps with a 1 ohm nominal load. Wouldn't recommend it long term. I used to burp mine and run it daily at 1 ohm with a single yellowtop, 4 runs of 0/1 and a stock 90A alternator. Used to run the battery flat with the car running but hey :P

Burping stability in a Street SPL car (engine off, 1 battery) - 0.5 ohms for pause burps and 0.25 ohms if you roll the volume - pause burps = protect.

More voltage and there are rumours they'll do a rolled burp STRAPPED at 0.25 ohms (so 1/8 ohm each) but that's getting into seriously dangerous territory, I wouldn't try it anyway as they don't make much more power below 0.5 ohms.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Oh yeah and say your voltage drops to low they aren't as forgiving as other amps once you smoke them....also have the problem with developing micro-fractures in the PCB and then you have to scrap the whole amp.....or so I have heard.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hmm, 1100 is pretty affordable I think for amp like that.

i wanna say thats lower then dealer price ......

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i wanna say thats lower then dealer price ......

I wanna say you're wrong and I'm sure that Bob would't like it if you went advertising his dealer prices all over the internet. That alone could get your shop stripped of it's right to sell American Bass. You seriously need to learn when to keep your mouth shut dude.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Didn't Bibby have a gold 150.1? Is it true the 400.1 is more of a current hog than the 500.1 is?

Ive also heard the 500.1s are more effiecnent then the 400.1s a few times on termpro.

It was xafire69 with a gold 150.1. I have another friend that use to run 2 of the older gold 150.1s.

The gold 150.1s, are equal to a spl dynamics ext-2000d, they should do 2000+rms at 1 ohm, 13.8 volts.

I also have 2 spl dynamics ext-3000ds that are 3krms @ 1 ohm 13.8 volts, they will play full tilt for around 5 minutes at a .2 ohm load, then thermal protect for a few minutes.

I have 2 newer 150.1s at .7 ohms, will be 1.4 ohm strapped with maxxlink when i reinstall everything. Tho they do not like having the rca cords unplugged, they get very hot!