Second Skin Audio

My 2 Solox 10 Boxes Check Them Out

daddy_j

Right now with the ports at 12" you should be tuned to 48 hz and probably burping loudest at 54 hz or so. You will need to take length off of those ports and your score will go up. Crx's are usually tuned in the 55-63hz ranges so until you get to the resonant freq of the vehicle don't expect to see huge numbers. Also are you putting the mic in the kick? I find that to be awful low for a rex with the mic in the kick. I'm doing higher numbers on the dash with 2 12's in a ZX3 with way less power. Something isn't adding up. I even do higher numbers in the kick of my car then you're doing in the rex. That shouldn't be that way. You should be doing 150's all day long. Check the settings on the amp. First off turn the crossover freq all the way up so it gets the highest freq's as possible to pass through. Turn off the subsonics filter, and turn the gains up as far as they'll go. Then you'll just have to find the right volume on the deck before the amp will clip. That should help your subs get some more power, but 149's in the kick just ins't good enough. You know that and I'll do whatever I can to help you out man. :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You will need to change the shape of those enclosures and add more port if you want to get louder.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

well after 4 hours of testing and cutting ports, the highest I could get up to was 148.9dbs. That was with the ports cut to 7inches each. It was wierd, no matter what the lenght was on the port, everytime I did a sweep the meter said 63hz was my highest. then without doing anything I would burp it at 55hz and the numbers were louder than what it was at 63hz. But after cutting and measuring and cutting and measuring, the numbers did start to go up. I started right at 147dbs and ended at 148.9dbs. Now taking all of this into consideration, my batteries were pretty tierd after 4 hours of play, so no telling what the new numbers with good fresh batteries will be. Now the meter reads the loudest at 63~64 hz. I just cant figure it out. When I started I had a solox10 and a PHD5000, then eveyone said," You need more power. So I went and bought another PHD5000, then everyone said you need another solox10, so I got one. Then everyone said you need more batteries so I went and got (2) 2400 kinetiks, and upgraded all my wire to 0/2 gauge. Then eveyone said, that my 2 solox10s need more power so I got the biggest amp at the time the SS10000XXXX. Then everyone told me I couldnt hit 150 in the trunk of a mustang so I bought a CRX. Then everyone said I needed a linedriver, so I got the maxlink. Then everyone said I needed a new box, so I got one.

Now I am open to sugestions. The run down of my system:

(2) solox 10 dual 2ohms

(1) soundstream 10,000

(1) maxlink

(2) 2400 kinetiks and an 800amp gold top dualast (up front)

and all the wire is double 0 all the way around and in some places more than that.

Its not the box anymore, and its not the subs anymore, and its not the amp anymore, what the hell could be wrong? Is there a way to know if my amp is actually putting out alot of watts. I know that my amp likes 16~18volts, but it should still be putting out enough watts at 14 volts to get me into the 150db club. Please throw out some sugestions.

Side note I did run the speaker wire out of a drilled hole instead of the port. Should I pull out all the panneling out of the car. I did seal up all the holes and expanding foamed all the dead space, what is there left to do. I know this is a trial and error, but I think I'm close to my wits end. If I cant hit 150dbs, then IM gonna have to go with 2 solox18s and two SoundStream 10,000s. Im trying not to do that seeing as Im broke now. Everyone please remember this is JUST a burping car, not a daily driver at all. Not even to the store. I have 2 other cars and a motorcycle for that. HELP!!!!!!!!

Archived