Poping Fuses In Amp

what are your subs wired to?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Wow thanks alot for the quick responses. Do you guys think i should wire these mono or stereo? and which impedence load that will work with my stock electrical. im glad my amp diddent fry dude! i got a hell of a deal on my system tho

Subs - Diamond d6 12's

Box - Prefab Memphis newer style

Amp - Directed 1200t

Car - 98 Honda Accord LX f23a1

Wow thanks alot for the quick responses. Do you guys think i should wire these mono or stereo? and which impedence load that will work with my stock electrical. im glad my amp diddent fry dude! i got a hell of a deal on my system tho

2 ohm stereo bud cuzz your subs are dual 4 ohm correct?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

and its probably gonna draw less current wired that way also cuzz your not overdriving your amp!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well since your signiture says subs, im guess you have 2 diamonds with dual 4 ohm coils.

No matter how you wire it, your coil configuration will not allow you to get full power out of the amp.

If you got 2 4ohm dvc subs you can wire them to the amp as.

2 ohm stereo

8 ohm stereo

1 ohm bridged

4 ohm bridged

Seeing as we already know that 1 ohm bridged blows fuses due to the extra demanded current needed, that wont work.

We know that running the amp at 8 ohms stereo will put out almost no power, so that wont work.

Your decisions are now left to:

4 ohm mono/bridged

or

2 ohm stereo.

Most likely since its going to produce the same power at 2 ohm stereo, or 4 ohm mono/bridged. So its your call really. You can try both ways and see if one is louder then the other, but most likely it wont be.

You could also try to find another amp otherwise, and run 1 amp per sub at 2 ohms mono/bridged, and then you will be getting max power.

Like i said, try picking up some 40 amp fuses, and try 2 30amps and 1 40 amp, and pound the hell out of the amp. If the fuses blow, step up to 1 30amp and 2 40 amps and pound the amp and see if the fuses blow or not.

If the amp will play for a long period of time at close to or at full tilt you should be fine, as long as its not popping fuses, or kicking thermal protect for a few minutes due to it being too hot. If it kicks thermal protect you will have to go and wire the amp at a less load (2 ohms stereo, 4 ohm mono)

this morning when i first hooked it up i banged it pretty hard and it hardly got warm with a the 3 30a fuses. ill do what you said and start off with 1 40 then use 2 ect. but ima tinker with my electrical so it will keep my amp from struggle'n as much.

Subs - Diamond d6 12's

Box - Prefab Memphis newer style

Amp - Directed 1200t

Car - 98 Honda Accord LX f23a1

If your power wire is 4 gauge, and your ground is only 8 gauge, your first step is going to be upgrading that ground to 4 gauge for sure!.

Also make sure you got a good body mount for a ground and any rust/paint is removed from the grounding point for the best possible ground.

You can also do the Big 3 wiring upgrade if you havent done so already. Instructions are here for the big 3 upgrade.

I own a directed 1200t and it calls for 3 30a fuses. its wired at 1 ohm bridged. And once i turn it up to certin point and it pops the fuses like nuthin'.

could this be cuz i dont have any inline fuse off the battery?

Holy fucking clipping, Batman!

Actually the fuses in the amp protect it from frying, the fuse on the power wire protects the wire/vehicle in case there is a short in the wire somewhere. I wold suggest getting an inline fuse asap! but yes your power wire may be shorting out somewhere causing your amps fuses to blow.

X2!!!!

I'm went over all wireing and coulden't figure it out i was just gonna get like 40a fuses for the amp.

someone also told me about fuses called slow blows that are ment for heat idk if hes just bullshit'n...

ne1?

If you do that, you might as well burn your car to the ground...

Running 4 gauge power and some shitty ground i did with a self tapper and like 8 gauge. should i use 4 gauge on the ground? then see what happens...

Step that ground up to 4ga before a fire starts!!!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

lol using fuses bigger then recommended is how you blow amps

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer