Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

kingsuv

How To Recone A Sub

can someone clarify? To center the soft parts, you just set the assembly into the gap, then center it with shims under the dustcap? and that is all that is needed to center the entire assembly?

can someone clarify? To center the soft parts, you just set the assembly into the gap, then center it with shims under the dustcap? and that is all that is needed to center the entire assembly?

That is correct.

I like to make sure my shims stick up enough to keep the dustcap from covering them so I don't glue the cap down with them still in ;)

I was still confussed on the whole shime cente

ring deal, so I searched youtube to see if there were some recone vids outthere that could clear the light on how this works. I found a few, and even though they don't deal with high power subs like the DC that King reconed, I thing the overall idea is the same.

JBL Recone 1 & 2

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I was still confussed on the whole shime cente

ring deal, so I searched youtube to see if there were some recone vids outthere that could clear the light on how this works. I found a few, and even though they don't deal with high power subs like the DC that King reconed, I thing the overall idea is the same.

Yeah you get the picture when you see how it's done.

Man where in the world did you get your avatar, something about it just cracks me up. :D

when soldering the new leads to the basket, what wattage soldering iron do you guys reccomend using, and what type of solder?

my guess is a 40watt iron with a 60/40 tin/lead mixture. input anybody?

*edit*

since nobody responded in time, i decided to buy a 40 watt iron and some 60/40 rosin core solder. worked like a charm!

Edited by J00bles