Windows 7

slinky try rolling back the drivers to the xp ones. you never know it just might work. My take on vista is it is just way too memory hoggish. other than that i really dont mind it.

Which is one of my three big complaints with vista. With one being UAC, and the other is having no Quake 3. lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

slinky try rolling back the drivers to the xp ones. you never know it just might work. My take on vista is it is just way too memory hoggish. other than that i really dont mind it.

the vista drivers worked fine when i had vista installed. but the vista drivers arent working right with windows 7.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

idk why everyone bashes vista so badly. I got a few friends who used to, then i had my laptop over at their place one day cuz i was doin some work outside the office. And they were like, wow, its actually not that bad. Most people who hate it dont use it or havent used it, in my experiences so far. Im very happy with vista. I think it looks pretty damned good and works pretty well. If 7 is significantly faster/better, and not too expensive, ill probably upgrade.

EDIT: But its still bullshit that vista just came out, atleast it feels like it did, and its already about to be replaced, thats why i dont particularly like computers. They become outdated/old/obsolete WAY to fast.

reason why vista was so shitty at first, microsoft was rushing it onto the market as Apple was releasing their new OS "Leopard"

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 4 weeks later...

anyone having any problems with the open beta? its buggy for me. every once in a while my computer will all of a sudden shut down on its own. also, every once in a while it will blue screen for no reason. its annoying as hell and microcock better fix this bfore they give out the full release.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

pfssh. xp sucks. lol.

anyways, so ive used windows 7 for a few days now, and its pretty neat. but honestly, its not anything too special. also ive only encountered 1 problem so far and its with compatility. my external creative sound card doesnt work the way it should work because of driver issues. the vista ones dont work right. but other than that its been pretty smooth

Do this, and see if windows 7 can get you a better updated driver.

Go to the start trash>right click computer and click properties>to the left click device manager>go down to sound, video, and game controllers>right click the sound card in that menu> click update driver software> and click search automatically.

I had to do that with mine, and it fixed it. running perfect now ;)

2 SSA Xcon 18's

Sundown 2500D

Pioneer

4 Stinger SPV35 batts

SecondSkin Audio Damp Pro

Knukonceptz Flex[/size][/b]

just did a quick scan through this didn't really read into detail however. If you download the Beta version from microsoft's page of windows 7 it will tell you, That your beta version will be deactivated in august (the 7th iirc) as it will be alavable in stores to purchase then. It is possible this has changed in the week since i downloaded it. To the best of my knowledge 7 is suppose to be faster more reliable. It is also suppose to get rid of all the stupid security warnings.Furthermore small things like Paint and media center will be updated. There are some more changes but i cannot remember them at this point of time. Basically think of it as Vista version 2 or a giant Service pack upgrade. Also i have a friend running this on a laptop he said it is faster until you multitask then he noticed alot of bottle necking compared to vista. He is using 1 gig or ram. I did not notice any bottle necking though im using 8 gigs of ram. So i would recommend you not to use it if you have less than 2gigs. However he's had more time to mess with it then i.

P.S. i just remembered windows 7 is suppose to fly with Direct x 11 (yet to be released) soo get your nvidia 295gtx's ready along with your yet to be released ati 5870x2s lol

Do this, and see if windows 7 can get you a better updated driver.

Go to the start trash>right click computer and click properties>to the left click device manager>go down to sound, video, and game controllers>right click the sound card in that menu> click update driver software> and click search automatically.

I had to do that with mine, and it fixed it. running perfect now ;)

i got it working correctly about a week or two ago when creative released an updated driver.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Archived