Sinosic Posted January 11, 2009 Author Report Posted January 11, 2009 hahah round those edges over, cover it in carpet and with the speakers in it wouldnt look near as bad a fixer upper lol [email protected]
Sinosic Posted January 11, 2009 Author Report Posted January 11, 2009 i know some of you have pictures.....come on post them. something to make us laugh. [email protected]
Boon Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 The port is a plastic supermarket vase with the bottom cut out Not as ugly as that one above but hey, it's about the worst I have. Did 146dB the next day 10.x volts fo' life!
Red-navi-916 Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 oh lord! wow thats all i can say BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Ram Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaojMjsudpc Im pretty sure I have you guys beat. LOL. this was the very first system I put in my car. The box was not anywhere close to spec (~2.5cf) or tuned to spec. It was such a shitty system, but i felt so cool with it. back when I had the d3, and a shitty setup. my cars in member builds so you can see what I have now.
Forevrbumpn Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 I have a few boxes here, customer exchanges as well, but o dont want to go dig them out of the other boxes I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
rusty959 Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 Ill give a little background on this box. First of all, before anything else, I did not assemble it. I did cut out the wood, and yes it is 5/8 particle board. This was a box that I cut for a friend, and was going to assemble, but ran out of time. I did dry fit it, and know that it was approximately perfect in the cuts. (as much as a circular saw can be) My friend was going to put it together, but never got around to it and eventually traded it to another friend. We will call this friend "z." Now Z is one of the guys you all know and love that are pretty much complete retards when it comes to doing anything besides eating and sleeping. He thinks he can do anything, such as build a computer, or in this case a box, but fails. I now have the box and sub as result of a trade with some more of my stuff that he jacked up. Ill let the pics do most of the talking. Sorry about them being crappy cell pics. Here we have a nice top shot. What is that in the box you say? Care to guess? Those are some nice metal bb's. Why are they in there? Honestly I have no clue, and when I asked Z about it, he didn't have any explanation either. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif What is the hole for you say? Well after seeing what I had at the time, Z thought it would be a good idea to use a hole saw and "port" his box... and yes all he did was cut the hole. He soon discovered it sounded like complete crap. So what did Z do? He covered it with a 1/8th or so piece of board. And yes, those are nails. ONLY nails. Also obvious in this picture is how the metal bb's love to stick to the magnet. That could never be good... Now here is where I wish I would have taken a picture before I took the sub out of the box. You can only see slight remnants now, but after he put the sub in the box, he put silicone caulk in the screw holes and around the sub. Then he proceded to try and mold wood filler around the sub to give it a fiberglass look I guess. Obviously he failed and it looked like complete crap. Interestingly enough he never tried to spraypaint it black again after doing the wood filler. This is a good thing, or there would probably be twice as many runs as there already are. Now here is something else that baffles me. Remember how I said I dry fitted it and it fit together well? Somehow, he was able to put it together wrong, even though im pretty sure the pieces were marked. Wierdly enough, only one side of this side was off He attempted to cut part of it off, and filled a bit more of it with wood filler. Here is the xplod with the cone and spider taken out of the basket. Why are they out of the basket? Well, in attempt to get all the bb's off the magnet, one slipped into the basket and stuck up against the voice coil and magnet, and there was no way for me to get it off without dissasembly. As crappy of a sub as it was, it was the only one I had at the time and figured I might as well use it. Now its happily in a tline untill I get a better one. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
uhoh_45 Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 first box i ever made didnt measure port or nothing didnt even know what a port was back then just seen pictures of it R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Torres Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 rusty wins... that's gonna be hard to beat lol
Sinosic Posted January 12, 2009 Author Report Posted January 12, 2009 damn rusty thats one ugly a55 box. [email protected]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.