New Fi 22" Baskets

AI James

I'm on the way home from CES so I figured I would post some pics of some cool stuff around the shop. I talked Scott into letting me take some pictures of the new 22" basket as well as new proprietary speaker measurement system utilizing a laser and some other cool stuff hanging out at the shop.

Here's the measurement system: It is attached to a 400lb 4" thick solid piece of solid granite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics of the 22" 12 spoke frame! This thing is huuuuuuuuuuuuge! Below is a pic of an SSD motor on top of the basket. The entire family of 12 spokes is in this picture, 22", 18", 15", 12", 10" and 8" as well. Excuse the dust on the 8, I just noticed it in the picture and i'm not dragging them all back out for a new photo shoot :) Let us know what ya think!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!

-Nick

Damn!

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

words from scott

Nicks on a plane so I guess Ill answer :)

22" will be on the BTL, BL, and IB3 (with some mods versus the other IB3 drivers). Cant do an SSD with it and doesnt seem like we can do a worth while Q either. But I honestly dont see the need for a 22" Q. Moving mass is the issue and some of the drivers are tapped out at an 18".

The test rig does t/s params vs excursion and frequency. Similar to a Klippel, but I dont have the $$$ to throw around on a full blown Klippel as well as their new scanning vibrometry system. So I do what I normally do and made it. Still need to have a friend finish up some code for other functions, but it is serving us well so far. My favorite thing is being able to make scans of the cones vs excursion and frequency. Its definitely allowing me to see whats going on with tweeters in a way I havent been able to before. This will play out big time for some high frequency stuff I want to do.

Thanks,

Scott

Holy fuck Im trading my bls in for 1 btl as soon as these come out. 1 sub walled up FTW.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

damn...id like to see/hear on of the BTL's in person

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded